SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 25-03-07, 05:39 PM   #1
Duck-man

Default Sunshine Weekend!!

Hey all!

Well it was a cracking weekend! Sunny and dry! yeah!!

Was out on Saturday on the stirling, calendar, Duke Pass, drymen, balloch, helensburgh, and home (garelochhead) to see the folks on saturday!

Saw 3-4 other svs (2 curvy and 2 pointy!) amongst loads of other bikers!

Ended up going for a last blast in the afternoon along the east coastal trail and aberlady way

weeeeee!!

Bring on the summer! and warm weather!

Did anyone else get out and about?

Where abouts?

I would have photos of saturday (it was amazingly clear through dukes) but i broke it snowboarding! oops!! hahah!
Old 25-03-07, 06:41 PM   #2
thumper21

Default Re: Sunshine Weekend!!

Me and my other half set out on Saturday to see my grandfolks in Bishopton, thought brilliant lovely drive from Glasgow. We got to level with Paisley and my SV started playing up Had to cut off into to Paisley and head back to Glasgow through the town , such a lovely day ruined.

The mechanic said it could have something to do with the carbs beeing partialy bloked, so am still in the huff
Old 25-03-07, 07:38 PM   #3
husky03
Mega Poster

Nearest I got to going out on the bike was sitting on it in the garage-still putting it back together but shouldn't be to long-this weekend was a killer though!

husky
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-07, 07:51 PM   #4
-Ralph-

I wish!! Driving up to Pitlochry on Saturday wishing I was on the bike, don't think my pregnant wife and hyperactive dog would have got on too well on pillion though.

Charity white water rafting race on Saturday (the river Tay was cold!!), then laying my new driveway today! Body broken in two - I'm Fck'ing Fck'ed! It's starting to take shape though.

Got to get my building site of a house finished before the baby arrives so I don't think I'll get so much biking done this summer, unless I get up and go for runs early mornings before work.

Mibbee get a few dry days this week and get up early enough to take the long way to work.

I'm off for some dinner and a comfy seat! Goodnight....
Old 25-03-07, 08:57 PM   #5
Cam_73

Yep!!

Saturday was great.

Got up and off down the west coast riviera!

Nice wee run.

Out of Paisley, down the M8 to greenock, Gourock, round to Largs via Skelmorlie, Wemyss Bay up the hill to Kilbirnie through Lochwinoch back to Paisley.

Looks like a decent week ahead too, so bike to work aswell me thinks.

Today was Moto GP and the usual Sunday chores made worse by Hoppers untimely demise.

Cheers
Old 25-03-07, 10:00 PM   #6
jim@55

yep me as well,up the a82 through glencoe and past fort william ,my friend has a holiday home in a wee place called roy bridge -130 mls each way ,up to case the joint as hes offered it to me for the odd weekend when its not booked ,lovely its on a sheep farm set in about 7 acres of land its near aanoch mor so its VERY nice round about there .t'was a bit cold though 70-80mph +wind chill prob - degrees but crackin roads.first good ride of the yr (well st andrews was cut short by my exhaustblowing)all in all a good day ,bit rusty though
Old 25-03-07, 10:15 PM   #7
haggis

Aye, took advantage of a great afternoon today.

Went to explore a limestone cave not far from here. Would you believe it's so HOT up here we had to get outta the burning sun??? No, didnt think so!

Got some great shots of inside. Can't get them uploaded at the moment tho, techy probs with Vista. Then had a barbie on the golden sands while the sun went down over the Cuillins.
Old 25-03-07, 10:50 PM   #8
independentphoto

Had a short but fun ride on Saturday morning courtesy of Perth Motorcycles (testing Quedos' third bike!). Nice to be out again. After this a lovely drive in the cage up the A85 to pick up the A82 at Lochearnhead and on to Kinlochleven. Plenty of bikes out on that road - most who passed us were found stopped at any of the cafes further along the road. Had a group of 3 pass us around the start of Glencoe. Were you one Jim?

A fun afternoon spent Ice-Climbing left us wondering if we should carry on driving to Skye for an overnight stop. In the end we decided to head back home via the Real Food Cafe in Tyndrum for fish & chips .

Most of today was grey & chilly in our neck of the woods and so we were most disappointed until mid afternoon the sun decided to break through. Unfortunately by this time the polisher was being exercised on both cars and dinner was being prepped. Did also manage to bond my new Fenda Extenda onto the mudguard with Sikaflex 227 and get it bolted back on. That should make some difference to the amount of crud chucked up at the engine!

Thoroughly enjoyed the MotoGP before though.

More nice weather please - especially for the Egg Run!

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited by independentphoto; 25-03-07 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Extra info ;)
Old 25-03-07, 10:55 PM   #9
independentphoto

[/IMG]

The snap I forgot to post in the above message.... Doh!
Old 26-03-07, 09:09 AM   #10
Quedos

Its my bike and I don't even get to ride it

Life is not fair!!!!