SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-11-10, 11:18 AM   #21
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: The big mobile phone debate...

I must add that i am tied to o2 as i have a poor credit rating and as i have been with them for 13 years i can just roll on.

My eye came across the Desire HD last night...hmmm. Sadly o2 wont be releasing it for a while as they dont want to eat into the HD7's sales. Now this is great but one runs Android, one runs Windows mobile. I wish sometimes that o2 was run by geeks and not accountants.

Bugger as i think that would be the phone for me.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 01:06 PM   #22
AndyBrad

if i had the money i would ahve got an iphone4. i dont so got a desire. its really good but the battery is rubbish!!
Old 29-11-10, 02:09 PM   #23
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrad View Post
if i had the money i would ahve got an iphone4. i dont so got a desire. its really good but the battery is rubbish!!

An iphone 4's battery doesnt last any better
Old 29-11-10, 02:15 PM   #24
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
An iphone 4's battery doesnt last any better
really? iPhone 4 battery is pretty good in my experience. Can be poor if you have every capability enabled all of the time (wifi, bluetooth etc)
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 02:16 PM   #25
Mr EnDo

Desire is a good phone battery is a little **** for it but loads of free apps, including ones off other sources then the market place, also you can run different versions of the OS if your into that stuff.
Old 29-11-10, 02:18 PM   #26
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
really? iPhone 4 battery is pretty good in my experience. Can be poor if you have every capability enabled all of the time (wifi, bluetooth etc)
Me and a guy at work compared batt life and found it to be pretty similar tbh. Having had smartphones for the past 3 years, I really don't think the desire is bad for battery usage. Not had it go flat on me, not even when I left it at work all day. Came back in for the nightshift and it lasted right through, that was with internet usage and GPS usage to find an address.
Old 29-11-10, 05:03 PM   #27
SIII
Mega Poster

Battery life on the desire seems to get better the more it is used and charged, as these batteries 'learn'. Mine wouldn't last more then 6 hours at first (lots of playing on it) but now lasts 2 days of normal use inc internet.

Only downside is when using satnav, screen is on all the time and it only lasted 4 1/2 hours today, most of this time with the satnav on, just to try it out.

Might look at one of the 3000mAh batteries for use when needing satnav on the bike! Extended rear cover a little ugly but wouldn't matter if in my pocket, then would have original battery to use once arrived at my destination
Old 29-11-10, 05:39 PM   #28
MisterTommyH

Battery life depends on how much you use it.

I'm lucky if I get to 9pm without needing a charge. Having everything all on one device is brilliant in theory, but it means you use it much more, and battery technology only moves on slowly so you end up running out of juice.
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 11:04 PM   #29
martianskippy

Samsung galaxy S.. That's all..
Old 29-11-10, 11:57 PM   #30
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post

Yea, I think the ones saying Desire battery sucks arnt used to smart phone style battery life... Unless it last less than a day with little use then that is something odd.

Most smart phones have similar battery lifes, its the big screens, highly used antenna, big ram and CPU's that make them short.

Most major smart phones atm have very similar battery eating abilities.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 29-11-10 at 11:58 PM.