SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-04-15, 10:07 AM   #551
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Motorcycle, Sunshine. Peldon route past the Resivor
Old 01-04-15, 01:49 PM   #552
L3nny
Mega Poster

Took Mrs' SV for MOT, it failed but I managed to put it right, all from searching threads in this forum, just been retested and passed
Old 04-04-15, 09:45 AM   #553
BernardBikerchick

you know generally speaking its always people that make me smile, well and perhaps fluffy kittens, but it always rocks back to peeps. I've had some extraordinary shows of kindness over the years, little things like the bar made in the coachman, letting me nick the nice baileys glass on the day my Dad died, without question - I brought it back btw, Also strangers handing you a tissue if they seen you cry. Even daarrrnnn ssaaauuuufff they too, have been kind at times, but then you pay it forward don't you, like when the old chap in nationwide collapsed and I stroked his head till the ambulance came. Be nice people, you always get it back xxx
Old 04-04-15, 10:03 AM   #554
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Hey: BBc
Your thread in Track Days section might be more productive here, or do you know something I don't?
Either way, best of luck with it.
Old 04-04-15, 10:33 AM   #555
BernardBikerchick

???
Old 04-04-15, 01:54 PM   #556
Amadeus

Default Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardBikerchick View Post
you know generally speaking its always people that make me smile, well and perhaps fluffy kittens, but it always rocks back to peeps. I've had some extraordinary shows of kindness over the years, little things like the bar made in the coachman, letting me nick the nice baileys glass on the day my Dad died, without question - I brought it back btw, Also strangers handing you a tissue if they seen you cry. Even daarrrnnn ssaaauuuufff they too, have been kind at times, but then you pay it forward don't you, like when the old chap in nationwide collapsed and I stroked his head till the ambulance came. Be nice people, you always get it back xxx

Wow - love the compassion - I'd probably be too upset to do something like that tho one never knows until it happens.
Hope he was ok.
Old 04-04-15, 02:35 PM   #557
figaro

Quote:
I find that the vast majority of humans, no matter where they come from, are inherently nice. I find that if you do someone a favour they normally repay it, one way or another. That's a quality posty BBc. As for head stroking, I lost my barnet years ago and have constantly missed the feeling of having my hair washed before a haircut ever since

On the plus side, I took the SV out for a proper thrash today, the first real ride since I tipped it out the back of the van a few months ago, and it is proper fit
Old 04-04-15, 03:34 PM   #558
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
???
This one?
https://www.justgiving.com/Verna-Parkinson1/
Old 04-04-15, 09:21 PM   #559
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

My cousin did a good deed, picked up a drunk girl who flagged her down saying she couldn't get home. Cousin takes pity says she'll help. Drives miles out of her way only to have the girl first puke in her car, then after she'd dropped her off and got home realised the little cow had stolen her vanity case containing several hundred pounds worth of cosmetics and stuff. So much for being kind to those in need. You can see why people don't stop to help. Good on you BBC.
Old 05-04-15, 06:36 AM   #560
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

We were asked to baby sit our almost year old Grandson yesterday afternoon. He went to bed at just after eight PM, but he was restless and he woke up at just before midnight. Rather than leaving him in his travel cot head banging (which is very freaky and nothing I have ever seen before, but the baby care forums say that he will grow out of) he came into Nanny's bed for a cuddle with his two Nannies. As he lay quietly between us, he let out the biggest fart ever. I was so proud. He may not be my actual flesh and blood, but I love that boy so much. I am so lucky, I have found a wonderful partner that I love with all my heart, she has a Son who I love and he has a Mrs who I just adore. It is our eight year anniversary this month. If you had told me eight years ago that I would be this happy and be a Grandma, I would not have believed it. Sorry for being so soppy and sentimental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote