SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 03-08-09, 01:09 PM   #21
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bigup to the Markers today

me wanted a t shirt and I never spotted the thread - doh !

so route would be good fer me.. its like the nurburg map.

and why CANT I GET GRAVY ON ME CHIPS IN ESSEX !!
Old 03-08-09, 01:25 PM   #22
jambo
Mega Poster

A comment shared by all the markers I spoke to included how good everyone had been at getting out of the way when a yellow bib came up through, people moving out of the way and waving us through made the job so much easier.

So thank YOU the riders for being safe, observant, cheerful, and not doing anything silly

It was lovely to be part of the ride

Jambo
Old 03-08-09, 01:33 PM   #23
FG1

I would like to echo Jambo's comments.
It is the first time I have been a marker for such a large group and I was a little apprehensive about it at first.
The way everybody let "all" the markers through without hindering them certainly made things run a lot smoother.

I only saw one instance of a marker being obstructed and the obstructing rider ended up very very close to my back wheel.
I think that all involved know who it concerns and that said rider will ride with a tad more consideration next time.
Old 03-08-09, 01:33 PM   #24
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I agree with Jambo. I really appreciated it that everybody picked me up in the mirrors and made it really easy for me to safely and cleanly overtake when I had my bib on.

When I didnt I agree with everybody else, every marker that overtook me did so in a clean, safe and courteous manner.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 03:18 PM   #25
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

From another of your happy little team of markers may i also add that it was great the way i got from TEC to the front of the pack with no hassle or drama at all. I had to keep reminding myslf that i had to pass about 70 odd bikes on the way but it was a such breeze it was great

So thank you to all who took part for making it so easy for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Special thanks to Spiderman for carrying my ballast for one of the legs (though I don't know why it took you so long to get her to the fuel stop!) so I could stretch my legs.
Ermmmmm, your lovely Kate is cute as hell Phil, the photos on the Org dont do her justice at all. So.....ermm, i wanted to keep her for as long as i could really

Sad thruth, as you know now is that i had to dump her at the side of the road for a whle in the rain (i'm such a gent) to go and find a Baldyman by the side if the road and make sure he was alright.

but the cheer we got when we finnally arrived was worth it
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P

Last edited by Spiderman; 03-08-09 at 05:46 PM.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 05:33 PM   #26
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Pah, your not her type anyway... Your far to good looking!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 05:47 PM   #27
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

i'm not gonna ddd this to the "quotes" thread but after what Bear said about you i stand no chance, no matter how good i may or may not look
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 06:59 PM   #28
phil24_7
Mega Poster

LOL. No comment!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 10:19 AM   #29
RichT

Big UP to all the markers on Saturday - great job guys.
Old 04-08-09, 11:09 AM   #30
monkey

I thought the Markers were rubbish. I've never seen such bad marking in all my life. (Especialy the one who didn't see the TEC bib who I had to go back for )

Well done fellas. You made me proud.

The whole event worked very well and went as smoothly as a squid going down a buttered slide. Supervox and Messie you're a credit to the Org.