SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-07-06, 02:49 AM   #1
PWNDLOL

Default Clutch problems?

Hey all I dont know if this is related to the other guys clutch thread but im having a problem with mine. When I left my house all was working fine and I made a stop for about a hour. After I left and was going down the road i noticed the revs slipping. I couldnt figure it out but then I realized that the lever wasnt all the way back out. When I depress the lever and let go of it, it doesnt go all the way back and fully engage so its only partially grabbing and under any kind of power it will slip. It stops about 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch from all the way. However I can physically push the lever all the way out and everything works fine. But obviously this isnt good having to manually fully engage it, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?
Old 05-07-06, 07:10 AM   #2
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Possibilities:

The cable is fraying and jamming in the outer, change it before it breaks.
The lever pivot needs greasing.
The lever/lever pivot is bent or damaged.
The lifter is damaged.

Disconnect both ends of the cable and see if it moves smoothly and easily, if it's OK check to see that the lever is also free with no cable connected to it.

This process should lead you to the culprit.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote