SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-07-06, 10:02 AM   #1
wheelnut

Default Bikesafe Lecture 12th July

Leicestershire Police are holding a lecture and question and answer session in the Bikesafe school at Enderby tonight at 19.30

Its not a ride out, just a pep talk. Rideouts are normally on Saturday and cost £50
Old 12-07-06, 11:00 AM   #2
kciN

I'm going on a bikesafe Sunday with 2 mates.
It's free!

I'm not sure why but taking the opportunity to do it..

Why would mine be free and it cost elsewhere?

(It'll be with the Herts Counstabulary btw)
Old 12-07-06, 03:12 PM   #3
Villers

I did a course a couple of years back. Its not a bad night although a lot of it is common sense (dont overtake at junctions, road positioning to get the best view etc). I never went on the rideout but it was free, no way would I hand over 50 quid to have someone follow me and tell me Im crap (I already know that ). The thing with ours that I didnt like was the attitude of the lecturer. Whilst we were in there he was quite frank, 'I have a fireblade.....I speed....I have a tinted visor...I have a loud can..' so on and so forth. Two weeks later there was an easter egg run and he went down the line of bikes telling people off for their visors and looking at their race cans. Git!

If its free its worth a look, just dont expect to be blown away by what you learn. You may find the photo's of previous fatal accidents interesting as it points plainly to the most stupid way to kill yourself. Of all the pictures shown at ours (about 15) I'd say 13 showed where some idiot had overtaken at a junction and the car in front had turned right on him.