SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

View Poll Results: Ride out in kent good thing? or bad?
Is this a good idea and would you go 8 100.00%
Is this a bad idea and you wouldn't bother 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-03, 09:12 AM   #1
sexysi

Default Kent Rideout

Come on then who wants to go on a kent ride out on a nice sunday morning then, we have this very nice chap Jonboy arranging rideouts in essex/hartford so what about someone arranging a rideout in Kent say down to Rye and then along to the cinque ports whatever, fish and chips by the sea, ice creams you know the thing. Lets have some feedback.
sexysi
'The world is my oyster'
Old 01-08-03, 10:01 AM   #2
rictus01
Mega Poster

Normally, I'd be up for this.

However as I'm partying up in Enfield this Saturday , and aim to over indulge . getting back home could be a problem .
So I'll be going out on Gregs rideout up there Sunday (if I can get up that is).

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 11:04 AM   #3
sexysi

Default Not necssary this sunday

I havn't really planned this for this Sunday weather looks crap just wanted some idea of amount of people that would be interested and when one could start this as a regular thing.
Sexysi
'The world is my oyster'
Old 01-08-03, 02:17 PM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

In that case, vote cast.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 02:32 PM   #5
Swiss

I'd be up for it, but preferably in the dry weather. Went to Brighton last Sat and got drenched, Nice. Wet leather Hummmm! Spent 3/4 hour scrubbing leather dye off my arms legs and chest.
Old 01-08-03, 02:39 PM   #6
sharriso74

Yeah up for it just as soon as I get a new rear brake leaver, rhs fairing and indicator. Track days..... best fun you can have with your clothes on!!!
Old 01-08-03, 02:56 PM   #7
sexysi

Default This is more like it

Bloody hell I have some replies. Let's hope for some more replies to this poll, maybe we could get a group of 10, that would look cool parked outside a pub/cafe. I am making notes of the user names that have replied and will save it. I 'll give it a couple of days then email everybody about possible dates and distances, I don't care how far I ride, but you never know. After I have enough replies I will get planning and email routes,timings etc a bit like what Jonboy does, I'll also stick all info on meeeeee web site.
I'm getting happier I thought this might be a dead loss but obivously not.
Cheers Lets see some more Southerns showing interest.
Sexysi
'The world is my oyster'
Old 01-08-03, 06:16 PM   #8
Fizzy Fish

would def be up for this normally BUT am supposed to be going to Hyde Park at Sun lunchtime to watch the Red Bull Flugtag where people jump off a platform in bizarre flying contraptions and fall into the water below

given the promised sunshine (which still looks a long way off right now!) I
will probably get out for a bit of a ride round Surrey beforehand, but the reaction at the Massive the other week taught me that I am best off not suggesting 7am rideouts to people since not everyone likes getting up quite that early on their days off

so after all that rambling, the answer is yes if it's at about 7am but otherwise not this week but hopefully another time!
Old 01-08-03, 11:56 PM   #9
svsk2

Count me in as well
Old 02-08-03, 06:09 PM   #10
Treacle

Im well up for that. Si name a place and a time where we can meet up being a local lad and all that.