SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 13-02-08, 11:55 AM   #41
ooger

Default Re: New riders out there in/near Thames valley area

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Whats the cure? A good beeting?
I have mental images of being battered by a bunch of beetroot.
Old 13-02-08, 12:00 PM   #42
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
I have mental images of being battered by a bunch of beetroot.
LOL!

Yes, that is quite graphic.

I'm not sure what the cure is. But in my defence (your honour) I've had the Horent since Jul 2006. So I am slowing down in my old age.
Old 13-02-08, 12:07 PM   #43
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
I am struggling to get my girlfriend to let me upgrade after 6 months - how do you do it?
The simple answer mate is just buy it. i'm on my 4th in one year. When it arrives in the garage, then you tell her. So long as you get rid of the other one it shouldn't be a problem. why should she care what bike you have, she doesn't ride pillion anyway (just don't leave bike mags lying around so she can't see how much they cost )
Old 13-02-08, 12:08 PM   #44
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganDan View Post

I'm not sure what the cure is. But in my defence (your honour) I've had the Horent since Jul 2006. So I am slowing down in my old age.
but how many others have you had since then in addition to the hairnet?
Old 13-02-08, 01:17 PM   #45
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
but how many others have you had since then in addition to the hairnet?
Well, here is my history and a brief reason why I sold or bought another, this could be a looong read:

Suzuki GS125 - my first bike. Got nicked and found it burnt out. I cried.
Suzuki GN125 - Replacement for the GS. Had it 3 weeks then passed full test and bought a....
Kawasaki Zephyr 550 - My 1st big bike. Was convinced it was the quickest bike in the world. Got scared after some dodgy electrics and an incident with a pidgeon at 90mph. Needed a full fairing.
Honda VFR800 - Loved the roaring V4. Stopped a car with my face at 50mph, should have been killed looking back. Bike was a total mess (as was my face). Bike never recovered, face did (sort of).
Honda VFR 800 VTec - Too expensive to run and service.
Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R P3 - Bought with the insurnace money from my 1st big crash. Scared the beejerbers out of me. Traded in for my next bike.
Suzuki Bandit 600 - Had this bike until I wanted another Ninja. Lasted 9 months though!
Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R P1. Plagued by electrical problems, sold to born again rider (how cruel). Did my first kneedown on it.
Suzuki GN250 - My attempt at a sensible bike. Had a blue top box and I could get my kneedown on it. It died after I took a hammer to it in a murderous rage after trying to fit chain and sprockets.
Kawasaki Zephyr 750 - A cheap Ebay bike. Lasted a long time and I sold to a mate for ?200. Still going as far as I know. Brakes never really worked.
Suzuki SV650S - My very first 'new' bike. After 6 months it was too uncomfy and suspension was naff. Sounded great though.
Honda Hornet 600 - Still got it! My true love. Great bike and quicker than a lot of power rangers around the Nurburgring on it's debut visit.
Kawasaki Z1000 - Bought off a mate dirt cheap. Sold on and made ?200. Woo!
Kawasaki ZX6R P7 - Impulse buy as it was shiny. Never really rode it all that much and sold due to questions over job and flat purchase.
Triumph Street Triple - Deposit Paid. Who knows how long it will last!
Old 13-02-08, 01:46 PM   #46
ogden
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
The simple answer mate is just buy it. i'm on my 4th in one year. When it arrives in the garage, then you tell her. So long as you get rid of the other one it shouldn't be a problem.
WHAT??? Get rid of the other one???

I went through this with my mrs, who failed to comprehend why on earth I might want more than one bike at a time. The optimum number of bikes to have in a garage at any one time is four, no less.

I'm halfway there (plus assorted bits of ZX7R still cluttering the place up)
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 05:20 PM   #47
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganDan View Post
Well, here is my history and a brief reason why I sold or bought another, this could be a looong read:

Suzuki GS125 - my first bike. Got nicked and found it burnt out. I cried.
Suzuki GN125 - Replacement for the GS. Had it 3 weeks then passed full test and bought a....
Kawasaki Zephyr 550 - My 1st big bike. Was convinced it was the quickest bike in the world. Got scared after some dodgy electrics and an incident with a pidgeon at 90mph. Needed a full fairing.
Honda VFR800 - Loved the roaring V4. Stopped a car with my face at 50mph, should have been killed looking back. Bike was a total mess (as was my face). Bike never recovered, face did (sort of).
Honda VFR 800 VTec - Too expensive to run and service.
Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R P3 - Bought with the insurnace money from my 1st big crash. Scared the beejerbers out of me. Traded in for my next bike.
Suzuki Bandit 600 - Had this bike until I wanted another Ninja. Lasted 9 months though!
Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R P1. Plagued by electrical problems, sold to born again rider (how cruel). Did my first kneedown on it.
Suzuki GN250 - My attempt at a sensible bike. Had a blue top box and I could get my kneedown on it. It died after I took a hammer to it in a murderous rage after trying to fit chain and sprockets.
Kawasaki Zephyr 750 - A cheap Ebay bike. Lasted a long time and I sold to a mate for ?200. Still going as far as I know. Brakes never really worked.
Suzuki SV650S - My very first 'new' bike. After 6 months it was too uncomfy and suspension was naff. Sounded great though.
Honda Hornet 600 - Still got it! My true love. Great bike and quicker than a lot of power rangers around the Nurburgring on it's debut visit.
Kawasaki Z1000 - Bought off a mate dirt cheap. Sold on and made ?200. Woo!
Kawasaki ZX6R P7 - Impulse buy as it was shiny. Never really rode it all that much and sold due to questions over job and flat purchase.
Triumph Street Triple - Deposit Paid. Who knows how long it will last!
You got a lot of time on your hands at work Dan?
Old 13-02-08, 05:29 PM   #48
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
You got a lot of time on your hands at work Dan?
Erm, maybe.......
Old 13-02-08, 05:34 PM   #49
Warthog

This thread is top funny! The TVSF has totally taken off OOoh, we get to see SVnutter's stunting at Ad's BBQ! Roll on, whenever it is...
Old 13-02-08, 05:34 PM   #50
StreetHawk

Thats a lot of bikes dude!

I thought I was bad.. Have been though 4 bikes in less than a year since I passed. I can't believe you sold your ZX6R for 4300! I sold my CBR last year for that and it's 5 years old.. I spose brand new ones being 5k and 0% finance is killing the used market.