SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-08-13, 08:40 PM   #1
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Just picked up my new car :)

Well...I say car.

With the arrival of my first child I decided that I would splash out on the vehicle I have been coveting for the last few years to give us an uber versatile family vehicle.

Currently just ply lined in the back but plans are afoot to add windows and seats, insulate and carpet. Ready for day trips and nights away when littleun is older.

Will also come in very handy when I am able to buy a track bike and get back into biking. New house and baby has put a lid on biking for while.

Not to everyones taste but Im sure theres a few of you that will find this interesting.

Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-13, 08:44 PM   #2
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Re: Just pick up my new car :)

build thread! build thread! build thread!

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-13, 08:54 PM   #3
Specialone

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy one with windows and a set of seats? When I was looking at these, they were more available like that than standard vans.
Old 14-08-13, 08:59 PM   #4
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

No Phil. It's really difficult to find a factory kombi at a price comparable to a decent base van. This has Air Con, Electric Windows and Mirrors, Captains Seat and Foldable double seat. I also wanted LWB and it's harder to find all of that as a factory Kombi without paying £5k more (and that isn't in the highlands or Cornwall!!
And if you do they sometimes fall into the higher tax band due to being classed as a Car.

Ill do a build thread Paul but it'll be slow as I need to aquire some more cash!!

We are going to insulate and carpet ourselves but getting the windows pro fitted due to not having the stones to drilled holes in my van and make sure I bond the windows correctly myself!!

Also going to put two windows in the back but not cut the holes in the bodywork (dummy windows).
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Old 15-08-13, 07:10 AM   #5
ClunkintheUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Ill do a build thread Paul but it'll be slow as I need to aquire some more cash!!
Can I suggest the HSBC down the road? I understand their cash deliveries are Tuesday morning, and the delivery guy could stand to loose a stone or four.
Old 15-08-13, 09:07 AM   #6
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: Just picked up my new car :)

Im sorry...me and the boys survive as soldiers of fortune and thus only take on morally just causes.
Old 15-08-13, 09:32 AM   #7
joe_f59

You realise having said the soldier of fortune bit you are now contractually obliged to add a sloping red stripe, rear spoiler and red wheels to this van
Old 15-08-13, 02:56 PM   #8
Jason H

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_f59 View Post
you realise having said the soldier of fortune bit you are now contractually obliged to add a sloping red stripe, rear spoiler and red wheels to this van
+1,000,000
Mods: Renthal Flat bars, 's' clutch perch, GSXR front master cylinder, CNC shorty levers, Tail Tidy, Fuel Mini S/S Slip-on, 15/47, 's' Swing-arm, Pillion seat cowl, GSXR 750 front end, CNC polished top yoke, R6 Throttle tube, GSXR rear shock

Jason H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-13, 07:15 PM   #9
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Hey guys.

Picked up my LWB Grey T5 1.9 yesterday and got cracking on the free stuff today!

So first off this is how I picked it up:

Today I spent time stripping the back as it was mad tatty:

Rear of the T5 stripped:

In the past it seems the previous owner managed to spill a lot of some sort of glue:

And unfortunately managed to spill it onto the rear sill!!! This isn't going to come off!! I was toying with the idea of either buying a full width trim or carpet over it.

Managed to get the big spill off. Quite satisfying actually. Remember when you used to paint your entire palm with PVA glue in school then waiting til it had hardened and pealing it off all as one? Anybody? Just me?

And the satisfying remains

Still got a bit of cleaning up to do on the floor but tomorrow I shall start with flashbanding (soundproofing) the back.

The plan is not exactly ground breaking. It is going to be used as a very very large family car with the odd night sleeping in.
So the plan is to insulate/sound deaden and carpet. Vinyl floor. 3 seats to be added into the rear (still not sure which way to do this yet) LED lights in the headlining, upgrade the stereo and add rear speakers, dog cage.

Hope this is of some entertainment to somebody.

Last edited by Mr Speirs; 15-08-13 at 07:17 PM.
Old 15-08-13, 11:30 PM   #10
L3nny
Mega Poster

One of the fastest guys I've ever ridden with is getting excited about camper vans. The world's gone mad

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2