SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-10-13, 06:50 PM   #1
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default What happened to your first Car & Motorbike?

My first car was a Citroen ZX Pzazz, 1.4 single point injection. Met its end with a rather spectacular crash which involved a fence.

My First motorbike was a Curvy N SV650 in Candy Blue. Met its end when it T-boned a Mini. I was travelling along a 30mph zone, solid traffic on the other side of the road. Mr Mini sped out of the junction on my right hand side and straight across my path.

Your go!

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-13, 06:55 PM   #2
Fallout
Mega Poster

Default Re: What happened to your first Car & Motorbike?

Nova 1.2i! Some guy in a truck wrote it off while it was parked outside my house. Got £100 more than I paid for it from the insurance company and someone bought the wreck for £100 too.

Yamaha DTR 125. Sold it cheap on ebay with no MOT. Guy who bought it was a welder. Good job because most of the frame was made of rust and not connected to each other.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-13, 06:57 PM   #3
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

First bike was a CBR 125 which was p/x'd for the curvy.
First car was a Ford Fiesta 1.25 16v zetec. Met it's demise on the front end of a Peugeot 206 which pulled out from a junction without looking.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-13, 07:08 PM   #4
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

My first bike, a Peugeot Speedfight 50 was sold for very little after a year and some 8000km with me in the saddle to fund my next bike a TZR125. A few years later I did see it being ridden still but it didn't sound healthy. I do wonder if it is still going and if it is for sale...

My first car a Fiat Punto 1.1 finished its life with me a little bit shorter than when it started. I closed the M5/ M4 interchange late one November evening when I found some black ice. As I turned into the corner the front went light as started to rotate, had to put correction into it for when it regripped and when it did I had a tank slapper I couldn't control. The first brush against the wall wasn't to bad, I genuinely thought that T-Cut would fix it. The second impact did the damage to me and the car. The third strike brought the car to rest blocking lane 1.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-13, 07:12 PM   #5
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Good effort.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-13, 07:16 PM   #6
Tim in Belgium

Rolled my first car ('74 1200 Beetle) in 1997.

Bought back my first big bike (the SV), it's sat neglected in the garage!
Old 21-10-13, 07:16 PM   #7
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
My first bike, a Peugeot Speedfight 50 was sold for very little after a year and some 8000km with me in the saddle to fund my next bike a TZR125. A few years later I did see it being ridden still but it didn't sound healthy. I do wonder if it is still going and if it is for sale...

My first car a Fiat Punto 1.1 finished its life with me a little bit shorter than when it started. I closed the M5/ M4 interchange late one November evening when I found some black ice. As I turned into the corner the front went light as started to rotate, had to put correction into it for when it regripped and when it did I had a tank slapper I couldn't control. The first brush against the wall wasn't to bad, I genuinely thought that T-Cut would fix it. The second impact did the damage to me and the car. The third strike brought the car to rest blocking lane 1.

I'm impressed the NS headlight was working. What bulbs were they?!

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-13, 07:27 PM   #8
Bibio
Mega Poster

my first bike was a Kawasaki KH100 EL, left it at the side of the road and never went back.

first car i 'owned' was a Lada Riva 1.2, went to the scrappies as i had worn it out.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-13, 07:33 PM   #9
Braindead101

First bike was a Suzuki GP100, as that was more than 30 years ago, I can't remember what happened to it!
First car was a TR7, loved it to bits, even when I found out the bodywork was more filler than metal. Taught me so much about how cars work (or don't!) that I still have a soft spot for it. It went to the scrapyard eventually. They gave me £70 for it which I was well impressed with.
Old 21-10-13, 07:41 PM   #10
svrich

First bike: current SVS. Had it for almost 7 years now and with 42K miles on it. It is coming home tomorrow having just been written off for the second time thanks to a blind van driver in our school car park. I'll stick it back together this half term and it's good to go again
First car: Series 2a Landrover. Rebuilt with quite a few extras 13 years ago and still doing very well. Currently up for sale to fund the new adventure van.