SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-12-21, 11:44 PM   #10331
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

On parcel deliveries - a lot can be tracked by the customer of course, from despatch to local depot, to driver on his rounds in local area.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 11:17 PM   #10332
Bibio
Mega Poster

banks... had my card declined so had to phone fraud squad. passed all the i think 6 questions the last question was how long have you had your account for.... ermmm i dont know.. sorry sir there is nothing we can do, you will have to go into your bank to get it sorted... WTF

used my other card with the same bank and it sailed through...

so who honestly can remember off the top of their head when they opened their bank account?

now its not just a case of you cant use your card it removes it from digital banking... im not a happy bunny having to be held ransom.

its ok though as its not real money.......
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 07:27 AM   #10333
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
now its not just a case of you cant use your card it removes it from digital banking... im not a happy bunny having to be held ransom.
It may not be right for you, but for me it's been a revelation - a few years ago I got a Monzo account for travel (they don't charge for foreign exchange transactions).You literally do everything through the app, and I've never had to speak to anyone about it.

I still have my Natwest account, but have a standing order to transfer "spending" money over to Monzo each month, so I use it almost all the time.

If you have one of their paid accounts (I don't ... yet) you can also create virtual card numbers to use online so you can give a different card number to each site and set limits on them.

Anyway, here ends the advert for Monzo.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 09:43 AM   #10334
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
banks... had my card declined so had to phone fraud squad. passed all the i think 6 questions the last question was how long have you had your account for.... ermmm i dont know.. sorry sir there is nothing we can do, you will have to go into your bank to get it sorted... WTF

used my other card with the same bank and it sailed through...

so who honestly can remember off the top of their head when they opened their bank account?

its ok though as its not real money.......
August 2005 a few days before I started a job. Was Abbey National at the time, now Santander
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 10:22 AM   #10335
Bibio
Mega Poster

thing is i dont want to use an app on my phone. its bad enough i have to use it for making calls.

i have dyslexia and it furks with my memory so it takes me all my time to remember what i had for lunch yesterday or even worse peoples names.

here's the big question... what if i have covid and the only way to verify myself is to go into the bank with photo id?.. answer.. i'm stuffed and cant by food online etc.etc.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 10:32 PM   #10336
svenrico

Alleged Chinese spy found in parliament .What only one ?!
Story on tv not long ago about former Chinese student at a British university who was now working for the Chinese military and has filed several patents using knowledge he acquired at a university here. How many Chinese students are there in British universities and does anybody think some aren't sponsored by the CCP ?! Just a thought.
Old 14-01-22, 08:20 AM   #10337
maviczap
Mega Poster

Loads of them. We had a group of them learning about our job. One was caught with a usb stick in one of our work PCs, when the USB ports were enabled, so he could download stuff. Don't think he would have found much, but that's not the point.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 09:14 AM   #10338
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Story on tv not long ago about former Chinese student at a British university who was now working for the Chinese military and has filed several patents using knowledge he acquired at a university here. How many Chinese students are there in British universities and does anybody think some aren't sponsored by the CCP ?! Just a thought.

Who would have thought a Chinese spy would look Chinese, damned good disguise.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 09:39 AM   #10339
ethariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post

Want to take bets on an attempted Media redirection form current Government issues to a juicy Spy Story instead?
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 08:03 PM   #10340
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
Want to take bets on an attempted Media redirection form current Government issues to a juicy Spy Story instead?
Yes ,that had occurred to me, divert attention from 'party' scandal they are even now still trying to make excuses for.