SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-02-22, 07:17 PM   #10481
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

GOTD - Bemoto insurance

With the new Bike incoming, i made a change to when it switches over, and need some cross over time on the day of trade in. Called them up & spoke to someone who arranged it. Paperwork arrives - its wrong. I email back to check (await 3 days for a response) yes it is correct & wrong. Reply to email (Monday) still no response.
Call on Monday night (on hold for 30 mins) no answer - request a call back which comes. Explain my issue and the operator says i'll get a call back Tuesday. Nothing happens. Wednesday. Nothing happens. I call this evening (multiple times) same thing; on hold for 30 mins, then leave a call back request. Nothing happens.

Don't think i'll be renewing with them due to their appalling customer contact abilities. My previous Insurance Broker always pick up in 3 rings (company policy/standard - well staffed offices/teams) Always. Email response is hours/the same day.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-22, 07:27 PM   #10482
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I've always been impressed with Bemoto. They're the only company I've stayed with for more than a year at a time. They're usually good although I did have to wait a long time recently for my call to be answered, so maybe they're getting too big a success for themselves now?
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-22, 07:57 PM   #10483
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I've always been impressed with Bemoto. They're the only company I've stayed with for more than a year at a time. They're usually good although I did have to wait a long time recently for my call to be answered, so maybe they're getting too big a success for themselves now?
I've had the opposite experience.

When i took my policy out last year they called my back and said "sorry, but we mis quoted your policy it's actually £400 some odd (not the £270 i paid - which was everyone else's price in the market too). Said they'd absorb it, but that didn't fill me with much confidence as a) they should have been expensive b) only realised after paperwork was being confirmed/filed . . . .

BMW F800ST
Old 24-02-22, 04:34 PM   #10484
daktulos

So, that'll be a more than 50% increase in April.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-22, 05:35 PM   #10485
Seeker
Mega Poster

I'm with bankrupt Bulb and don't have my new rates or even know who I'll be with yet. For comparison here are my current rates:

Electric: 19.111p/kWh - - standing charge: 25.538 p/day (same rate day/night)
Gas: 3.792p/kWh - - standing charge: 24.869 p/day
Old 24-02-22, 06:26 PM   #10486
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
GOTD - Bemoto insurance

With the new Bike incoming, i made a change to when it switches over, and need some cross over time on the day of trade in. Called them up & spoke to someone who arranged it. Paperwork arrives - its wrong. I email back to check (await 3 days for a response) yes it is correct & wrong. Reply to email (Monday) still no response.
Call on Monday night (on hold for 30 mins) no answer - request a call back which comes. Explain my issue and the operator says i'll get a call back Tuesday. Nothing happens. Wednesday. Nothing happens. I call this evening (multiple times) same thing; on hold for 30 mins, then leave a call back request. Nothing happens.

Don't think i'll be renewing with them due to their appalling customer contact abilities. My previous Insurance Broker always pick up in 3 rings (company policy/standard - well staffed offices/teams) Always. Email response is hours/the same day.
Update - still no call all morning, so i rang at lunch. Again, on hold for 20 minutes to speak to someone. Thankfully i do get through, speak to someone and get it sorted.

BMW F800ST
Old 24-02-22, 07:17 PM   #10487
redtrummy

daktulas Here is our old/new prices. Bit cheaper than yours but still a shock we knew was coming

Your Economy 7 electricity rates will change from 25.271p to 32.300p per kWh for your day rate and 10.497p to 17.526p per kWh for your night rate. Your standing charge per day will change from 23.85p to 44.84p.
Your gas rates will change from 3.987p to 7.282p per kWh and your standing charge per day will change from 26.11p to 27.22p

Last edited by redtrummy; 24-02-22 at 07:22 PM.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-22, 08:12 PM   #10488
embee
Mega Poster

Those increases in standing charges are scandalous, criminal even. What justification is there for increasing standing charges so much, other than "they just can". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr ......
Old 27-02-22, 09:20 AM   #10489
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Just had the week from hell. Work has been so bad I'm seriously looking at handing in my notice as soon as I can find something else.
To top it off, bought a new van, loaded it up with things to drop off and then to get to work, went out next morning and wouldn't start. Luckily just the (expensive) battery but really screwed up plans and getting to work. Created loads of stress and I hopped onto the DRZ to get to work to minimise my lateness.

Later in the day a gang of kids stole the DRZ right outside the shop in front of me. I chased them down the road and got it back. There's loads more to the story including... the Police took over an hour to attend and then making us keep one of the kids in the shop for two hours and also keep a dropped moped in the shop until it was collected an hour after closing.
They eventually gave the kid a lift home as he's too young to do anything with and they were ultimately f£$^£$ng useless and were so ****ed off with me to have been called out. They also had to ignore another bike theft they had radioed through that was happening up the road as they had no resources. Apparently it was three of the kids who took my bike getting another.

The Police know who they all are and can do nothing. Deliveroo riders have a network set up to notify each other of the whereabouts of the gangs as they have to avoid taking jobs near where they are as they target them doing their deliveries. A deliveroo rider witnessed me chasing them to get my DRZ back and showed me photos of the gangs surrounding shops locally to intimdate them and the Deliveroo whatsapp messages from the night before with maps of where to avoid etc. Ridiculous. We're now also apparently a target for revenge at the shop while we work as they have a history of returning and smashing place up. The Police's anwser when asked how we can stop that? "Ring 999". And supposedly wait over an hour for them to attend again!!

Then finally got the van running with new battery and went to do the drop off of parts in Bristol that was meant to happen three days ago and had a double flash leaving Bristol through a huge junction of lights. I'm fairly sure I was on amber when I went through and would have stopped for that too but I had an idiot tailgating me that I lost sight of so assumed he was right up behind me hidden in the blindspot. Also driving a new to me van I didn't want to slam the brakes on as they actually work on this van, unlike my old one. So now likely looking at £100 fine and 3 points.. having to notify insurance companies etc.

Also put a deposit down on a bike last week to replace 2 that I've had to sell. Money has been screwed and trying to pay off debts. I've checked what would happen to insurance quotes I had if I do get points and most quotes won't now insure me and the others are all sky high, So I might have to just not have the bike I've reserved and lose my deposit money too.

All this revolves around needing to do work that is becoming a complete p155 take too. I'm exhausted from work, have no life in between or time to recover, money is all going south and debts are building and I'm totally fed up.

I feel sick with tiredness and have one day to recover before I'm back to it.

How's that for a Sunday morning rant.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 27-02-22 at 09:30 AM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-22, 09:38 AM   #10490
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Blimey Adam. Why do these things always come along in threes? It's so ironic that a gang of kids can get away with theft and threatening behaviour but your accidental misdemeanor gets the full attention of the law. That's broken Britain for you.

I'm not sure what I can say to cheer you up but things can only get better I hope.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk