SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-03-22, 08:27 PM   #5771
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

My daughters have been fans for 2 or 3 years.

I went to one of their early uk tour dates and was immediately impressed by their general musicality within the genre, and also by their general decency and compassion.

The first time I saw them, during one of their most popular songs, Remington, the singer noticed a young woman had fainted in the middle of the crowd in the mosh pit. He immediately stopped the band, called for the security people to come and help her up and out of the crowd, and passed bottles of water down to her from the stage. He wouldn't restart the band until he was convinced that she was ok, and seated safely on the side where she could still see the band play.

After the gig, the band, despite looking really tired, invited everyone outside for a meet and greet. They must have spent well over an hour chatting, and having pictures taken with everyone who wanted a photograph. A thoroughly nice bunch of lads, 3 Canadian/American brothers.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 09:16 AM   #5772
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
After the gig, the band, despite looking really tired, invited everyone outside for a meet and greet. They must have spent well over an hour chatting, and having pictures taken with everyone who wanted a photograph. A thoroughly nice bunch of lads, 3 Canadian/American brothers.
That's very cool. Reminds me of a quote from Ronnie James Dio: he said that when he was in Rainbow, he saw how abominably Richie Blackmore treated fans and swore he'd never do the same. In particular, it was after a gig at the Glasgow Apollo when fans had waited in the snow and cold, past the last bus and train times, and Blackmore just walked straight past them and got in his car without so much as a word.

So when he formed Dio, he used to tell his band "after the gigs, no matter how tired we are, we stay around and greet every fan that wants to greet us, sign every autograph and let them take every picture they want. Without these fans we wouldn't be playing these venues, so this is how we say thanks to them."
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 09:34 AM   #5773
Bibio
Mega Poster

seen Dio at the playhouse in Edinburgh back in the day. i've seen a shed load of bands back in the late 70's and early 80's as i used to sneak into the Odeon in Edinburgh (just round the corner from my house) when there was a band playing. farr tooo many to remember.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-22, 09:44 AM   #5774
redtrummy

Back home after my skiing trip - no bruises or damage of any kind, and I did a run I had shunned the last two trips as now too difficult for me, so pleased about that
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-22, 12:17 PM   #5775
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Heating oil delivery just turned up unexpectedly. I had ordered Monday expecting a long delay before any turned up. Several suppliers I rang could not supply or were not taking new customers. Wirral Fuels said they would try to deliver by the 26th, but the wagon turned up unannounced this morning, so happy days!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-22, 01:09 PM   #5776
svenrico

Some tv programmes on recently - Robbie Cumming on Canal Boat Diaries on BBC4 at 7.30 pm. He is heading up to Ripon on his current trip.
Another one was Zen Motoring which was on for about 15 minutes for a few nights recently. A few more people could do to be a bit more like that bloke.(sorry, I forget his name )
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 10:40 AM   #5777
redtrummy

Skiing aftermath - wife has tested positive for Covid! Was planning a pub lunch and a couple of pints tomorrow and then let her drive home, (now she can drive again after her op) - not much to smile about there I suppose!
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 11:06 AM   #5778
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Ha! My smile is that after testing positive on day 5 of isolation and continuing to test positive after that, on day 10 when I'm allowed out again anyway I tested negative.

Old 17-03-22, 11:51 AM   #5779
rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Ha! My smile is that after testing positive on day 5 of isolation and continuing to test positive after that, on day 10 when I'm allowed out again anyway I tested negative.
Whether you would or wouldnt, agree with or not, I was under the impression you don’t have to isolate anymore when testing positive and can go out anyway.

Edit: I see you are in wales, are you still under isolation rules?
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.

Last edited by rowdy; 17-03-22 at 11:52 AM.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 12:06 PM   #5780
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Yes, isolate when test positive in Wales. You can get out after 5 days allegedly, but have to have two consecutive clear tests 24 hours apart - but shouldn't test until day 5. Also, you cannot go out until the END of the day on which you test clear to go out. So in effect earliest you are legally allowed out is on day 7. If still testing positive on day ten you can go out on day 11 regardless as the science shows very low risk of transmission after that time.....

These rules change at the end of March.