SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-03-21, 11:47 AM   #9321
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Every f$%£%£$g thing that I order being greeted with a "sorry that's out of stock and we didn't realise" or "we don't know why that hasn't been sent". Two more online purchases and both are messed up. I'll be really glad when we can go back in to places and actually see the goods physically in front of us before parting with money and then playing the wait 3 weeks for a refund game or being given the run around for deliveries weeks later.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 07:45 AM   #9322
shiftin_gear98

Phoned the insurance to come collect the bike. Gutted.

And to top it off, it's Forth Dimension who collect it, they are the ****ers who held me hostage last time.
Old 10-03-21, 10:52 AM   #9323
DJ123
Mega Poster

They do nearly all motorbike salvage stuff. They're on eBay (surreymcsalvage) so keep an eye for it on there, it may go nice and cheap!

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 11:16 AM   #9324
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Van failed the MOT this morning. Some other welding I hadn't spotted. No time to do it myself for a while now and it's such a pain getting it up on stands and working on it in the rain that I think I just need to pay to get it done. At least then the retest will be free and it will pass straight away. Not perfect timing for finances though.
Old 10-03-21, 11:18 AM   #9325
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
They do nearly all motorbike salvage stuff. They're on eBay (surreymcsalvage) so keep an eye for it on there, it may go nice and cheap!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Surrey-Mo...p2047675.l2563
Old 10-03-21, 11:24 AM   #9326
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Not perfect timing for finances though.
Is it ever?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 06:01 PM   #9327
DJ123
Mega Poster

I have a neighbour who has too many cars and clogs up the communal car park. He seems to have 3 main vehicles between himself and his mrs. And then regularly has a further 2 cars, or more he seems to buy from WBAC/BAC to repair and sell on.

It's been going on about 2 years and the council have started to investigate - finally. As selling from the property/car park would be classed as a change of use of the land to a business premises (which he does not own, nor have permission for).

The investigating officer did a drop in visit today, to which the person in question cited they'd lost their job and this work was for some income. Yet he still leaves his house every day Mon-Fri to drive/commute somewhere in the morning/return at night . . . . .

Why don't people simply come clean when they know they've been caught?

Needless to say i'm continually providing this information back to the Council to get this situation cleared up. I do not mind if someone is running a business, however it should be done properly, above board and in a manner that does not affect others in a residential area.

And yes, he has been spoken to by other residents and myself before about all of these vehicles and the nuisance it causes prior to further action being taken. His response to this was to start parking the extra vehicles along the road instead, which takes up parking for other residents . . . .

BMW F800ST

Last edited by DJ123; 10-03-21 at 07:49 PM.
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 07:09 PM   #9328
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quite right too. There's a self employed chippie behind my house and there's always a lot of sawing going on especially at weekends. I don't see any work being done to the house so I can only assume he's making things for his customers. It's just a hunch, I've no proof.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-21, 12:43 AM   #9329
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Phoned the insurance to come collect the bike. Gutted.

And to top it off, it's Forth Dimension who collect it, they are the ****ers who held me hostage last time.
My insurance company used them for repairs on my Triumph Bonneville when I was rear ended and knocked off causing more damage than you would expect from a slow speed accident.
I must say they did an excellent job of repairs and didn't skimp on new replacement parts. They did take a bit longer than I expected but I wasn't bothered as it was coming up to winter.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 12:33 PM   #9330
timwilky
Mega Poster

I had a small accident with my compound mitre saw a couple of weeks ago, whilst it was only skin, the bone on a finger was exposed. reason trying to cut a very small mitre and holding the wood too close to the blade as I could not fix a clamp as so small.

So lesson leaned I have been looking for a table saw. Whilst I usually buy Dewalt, the small saws only have a 8" blade so opted for a Makita 2704. FFS they don't come cheap, but with a finger still having a hole where the skin is still missing, neither do new fingers.

So shopping around and I can get it 50quid cheaper than anywhere else and there seems to be shortage of 240v I hand over the card details and advised it will come Tuesday.

Just had the phone call...Mr Wilkinson, this is Travis Perkins. About your web order...Heart starts to sink, they are going to say a price mistake online...No, Makita say none in the country for at least 4 weeks.

Gripe, I have a job to finish, a painful finger and back to using the mitre. Carefully.