SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-06-21, 06:49 AM   #9741
daktulos

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Being Rukka, i am guessing it's a laminated Gortex suit? Are you sure it's not a zipper that has leaked in the weather somewhere?
They're non-laminated trousers, the zip is outside the liner so it's not that. They're also over 20 years old so I may be asking a bit much.

I had a look at replacements, and they cost £500-£1100! I think I'll give the Nikwax a go first, as I'm sure we have some somewhere.

Thanks for all the replies.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-21, 10:54 AM   #9742
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
They're non-laminated trousers, the zip is outside the liner so it's not that. They're also over 20 years old so I may be asking a bit much.
I had a look in better light (and with reading glasses) this morning, and there's a bit of the inner liner which has worn through at the crotch, through it I can see that the tape has come free from the seam for about an inch.

As much as I'd like to say something about it being an area of heavy use, I suspect it's more likely to be because they're a bit big for me now and probably get folded a bit.

I've seen some adverts for glue for taped seams, but it may be time to get my wallet out.
Old 20-06-21, 10:09 AM   #9743
Bibio
Mega Poster

when i hit the deer a few years ago and ripped my Rukka gear i used THIS STUFF to repair it. you will be hard pressed to get better than the gear you have at reasonable cost. if you do decide to buy new i suggest you get the new 3 layer pro stuff. the ''liner'' is bonded to the outer so the outer does not saturate with water making the clothing quicker to dry and not as heavy when wet than the older drop liner stuff.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-21, 10:57 AM   #9744
timwilky
Mega Poster

Ordered a new airline to replace the 20 yr old one that was starting to break down 20m x 13mm ID.

They phone me, we have had a wrong delivery. Can we send you a 15m and a 5m length.....Refund. Why would I order 20m if 15 was suficient?
Old 20-06-21, 03:54 PM   #9745
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
when i hit the deer a few years ago and ripped my Rukka gear i used THIS STUFF to repair it. you will be hard pressed to get better than the gear you have at reasonable cost. if you do decide to buy new i suggest you get the new 3 layer pro stuff. the ''liner'' is bonded to the outer so the outer does not saturate with water making the clothing quicker to dry and not as heavy when wet than the older drop liner stuff.
Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I've had a look at replacements, and there are three-layer laminated and two-layer laminated (does that mean there's no comfort liner in the three-layer ones? I'm tempted to take a look at some alternative nordic brands, e.g.

https://www.motolegends.com/trousers...wish-pant.html

Obligatory gripe: I was out officiating athletics in Ware this afternoon, and I went to scan a Covid QR code, and it told me I had to isolate for 8 days
Old 20-06-21, 07:15 PM   #9746
Bibio
Mega Poster

the three layer laminated pro is the outer shell and instead of a waterproof drop inner layer its all bonded inside to the outer the three layer are the outer ''cordura'' with a bonded breathable 2 layer goretex. the inside is usually mesh + removable ''winter'' liners. they really are the beezz kneezz.

i would be weary of a two layer as it says nothing about it being breathable. saying that i have never heard a bad word about Halvarssons gear. you pays your money.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-21, 11:17 PM   #9747
embee
Mega Poster

I have a few Halvarssons items, all very good. Possibly not quite the same level as Rukka (or what it used to be anyway), but still very nice stuff and sensible prices.
Old 20-06-21, 11:20 PM   #9748
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
the three layer laminated pro is the outer shell and instead of a waterproof drop inner layer its all bonded inside to the outer the three layer are the outer ''cordura'' with a bonded breathable 2 layer goretex. the inside is usually mesh + removable ''winter'' liners. they really are the beezz kneezz.

i would be weary of a two layer as it says nothing about it being breathable. saying that i have never heard a bad word about Halvarssons gear. you pays your money.
A lot of gear says it is waterproof and breathable but how breathable is another matter !
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-21, 11:30 PM   #9749
svenrico

Does anybody still wear waxed cotton jackets ? Think they are waterproof but don't know how they are for breathability ! I used to have one years ago that somebody gave me - real greaser's gear, especially when they get a bit old and mucky !
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 06:50 AM   #9750
Seeker
Mega Poster

HMRC Self Assessment tax form

...and I quote:

"Our records show that your 2020 to 2021 PAYE Notice of Coding includes an adjustment for tax underpaid.

Amount of estimated underpaid tax for 6 April 2020 to 5 April 2021 to be included in your PAYE tax code for 6 April 2021 to 5 April 2022 (from your PAYE Notice of Coding):
£ 0.00
Is this figure correct?"

I swear they put these things in to bamboozle you. It worked: I am bamboozled.

Edit: so I phoned - 18 minutes of hold later I spoke to a nice Scottish lady. "Yes": she said, "It is supposed to be £0, it is confusing".

I have no words...

Last edited by Seeker; 21-06-21 at 07:32 AM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote