SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-10-09, 08:37 PM   #1
Munch

Default Worst Timing!

Having just moved to wales with my partner our bikes are our only transport, so after my partners yamaha dragstar 125 packing up we were just left with my sv, yesterday that has decided to follow suit! i pressed the electric start and a weary dying sound followed and the bike wouldnt start, i pressed it again and an even weaker sound and the bike still refuses to start, but all the lights and everything are still as strong as ever. i tried again this morning and it wouldnt start so i bump started it and all was fine (until i turned it off again). when i got home and started to check the bike, the lights slowly dimmed, the highbeam cut everything else off, pressing the indiactors made everything on the dashboard flash in time. ive now charged the battery but still no luck, im guessing its probably the starter motor but dont wanna fork out money which i havent got if its fine. anyone else had this problem? does anyone have any advice or info? many thanks Mark
Old 05-10-09, 08:49 PM   #2
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Worst Timing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Having just moved to wales with my partner our bikes are our only transport, so after my partners yamaha dragstar 125 packing up we were just left with my sv, yesterday that has decided to follow suit! i pressed the electric start and a weary dying sound followed and the bike wouldnt start, i pressed it again and an even weaker sound and the bike still refuses to start, but all the lights and everything are still as strong as ever. i tried again this morning and it wouldnt start so i bump started it and all was fine (until i turned it off again). when i got home and started to check the bike, the lights slowly dimmed, the highbeam cut everything else off, pressing the indiactors made everything on the dashboard flash in time. ive now charged the battery but still no luck, im guessing its probably the starter motor but dont wanna fork out money which i havent got if its fine. anyone else had this problem? does anyone have any advice or info? many thanks Mark
Check your battery connections, and if that doesn't sort it, sounds like a bad earth, so you are going to have to go round all the wiring looking for it.

Use the search function for the term "earth" - should get some better advice along those lines from previous threads.

Good luck

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote