SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 12-04-10, 06:51 PM   #1
lee67

Default whats round stoke

biker of 26 yrs from yorkshire, and soon moving down to stoke...whats good local meet points...i go to cat & fiddle reg and ponderosa so know them well..what else can i look forward to down here
Old 12-04-10, 08:18 PM   #2
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: whats round stoke

Not a lot tbh. There is the Stormy Petrel on the A41 at Tern Hill on a Thursday night in the summer. There is also the Farmers arms BP meet on a wednesday.
The White Lion at Barthomley near Crewe is a bike place, think they meet ona wednesday night, or any night if the sun is shining in the summer.
There are a few bike clubs around Stoke as well.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 08:21 PM   #3
MR UKI (1)

Oulton Park
Old 12-04-10, 08:36 PM   #4
lee67

right think ive been spoilt for last 26 yrs with the number one biker cafe aka SQUIRES...then CWAYS etc etc...

Last edited by lee67; 12-04-10 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-04-10, 08:52 PM   #5
MR UKI (1)

Matlock Bath
Old 12-04-10, 08:59 PM   #6
lee67

aye do matty reg too...
Old 12-04-10, 11:11 PM   #7
Preston

am going the Stormy Petrel on the 15th with some mates. not sure what time we be going but i would think around 6ish..
Old 13-04-10, 11:59 AM   #8
Ed

The A53 to Shrewsbury is a nice bike road and then you need to get across to the A5 (either Shrews by pass or else through the lanes - Bomere Heath, Baschurch, Ruyton XI Towns, to the A5 at Shottaton) and then onto the road through the Tanat Valley and over the Berwyns to Bala. Stop for a brew, then off up towards Llangollen, take a left (I forget the road name) it's signed for Chester, then right at the roundabout - brings you out at the Pondy. The back to Llangollen and stay on the road (don't turn tright into Llangollen town centre), brings you out at Ruabon, take the road for Overton on Dee, and then back through Ellesmere into Shrewsbury and back up the A53. Nice round trip, that.

Last edited by Ed; 13-04-10 at 12:01 PM.
Old 13-04-10, 06:14 PM   #9
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
The A53 to Shrewsbury is a nice bike road and then you need to get across to the A5 (either Shrews by pass or else through the lanes - Bomere Heath, Baschurch, Ruyton XI Towns, to the A5 at Shottaton) and then onto the road through the Tanat Valley and over the Berwyns to Bala. Stop for a brew, then off up towards Llangollen, take a left (I forget the road name) it's signed for Chester, then right at the roundabout - brings you out at the Pondy. The back to Llangollen and stay on the road (don't turn tright into Llangollen town centre), brings you out at Ruabon, take the road for Overton on Dee, and then back through Ellesmere into Shrewsbury and back up the A53. Nice round trip, that.
It's the A5104. If you carry on at the roundabout and don't turn up the horseshoe pass/pondy it goes over Llandegla moor, lovely stretch of road
Old 14-04-10, 05:15 PM   #10
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Uki..

you are sad knowing that .. but I knew that already .. I dont mean I knew the A5104 I meant I know you sad..

mr Google map memory man UKI