SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-01-08, 09:21 AM   #1
mattglavin

Question Front brake caliper

Hi there,

I have recentley replaced the oil in my front shocks, after putting the bike back together I have noticed that a part of the right caliper is rubbing on the disc when I apply the brakes.
The part that rubs is a protruding piece which holds the inside pad in place, there also appears to be less space between the disc and that caliper compared to the left caliper.

What can you suggest ?

Thanks

Matt
Old 20-01-08, 09:28 AM   #2
freddifredfred

Default Re: Front brake caliper

If it was me I'd use it as an excuse to remove both units, strip them and clean them. then put em back on. Somethign will have been knocked or pumped somewhere and the brakes out of allighnment. So in the least take it off, push back the calibers pput it back on and apply the brake to even it out.
Old 20-01-08, 11:15 AM   #3
husky03
Mega Poster

Matt your forks might be slightly bent mate-did you mark them before you removed them?if not try loosening them and turning them by hand and see if that sorts out your prob-i had the same problem with mine-think it was spanner man who suggested that to me -sorted now.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-08, 11:18 AM   #4
husky03
Mega Poster

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=96213
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-08, 08:18 PM   #5
mattglavin

Thanks for the advise but i have sorted it now. The caliper mounting bracket was stuck on its runner. I stripped it down cleaned and lubed the shafts and put it back together. It now seems to be fine, same distance on both calipers and the bracket is now further away from disc.

Thanks again for the replies !!