SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 03-02-10, 11:26 AM   #11
El Saxo

Default Re: Needed: Housemates in Warrington area

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Stewie lives in Warrington
haha that's true, didn't think of that!

Only kidding stewie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Go and have a look, it's only 12 miles down the road!!! if you get lost in 12 miles Andy, there really is no hope. Hint, the road goes through Newton-le-Willows
I know where it is, I've just never spent much time there apart from when I crashed my car and had to keep going to the body shop near the rugby stadium (not to mention almost writing off their courtesy car too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
stuff about Warrington
Ta for that Claire, will bear that in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeja View Post
Plus, y'know, I'm awesome.
Is The Lone Wolf aware of your awesomeness? Wouldn't having 2 such awesome entities in the world cause a tear in the space/time continuum or something?
Old 03-02-10, 11:55 AM   #12
timwilky
Mega Poster

But Andy, they know nought of pies or rugby in Warrington. They are just plastic scousers dreaming of moving to St Helens or Skem

Book in for you lobotomy first.

Last edited by timwilky; 03-02-10 at 11:56 AM.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 01:24 PM   #13
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
But Andy, they know nought of pies or rugby in Warrington. They are just plastic scousers dreaming of moving to St Helens or Skem

Could be worse Tim, at one point I was considering moving to Yorkshire!

Old 03-02-10, 01:29 PM   #14
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo View Post
Could be worse Tim, at one point I was considering moving to Yorkshire!

you need serious therapy
Old 03-02-10, 02:39 PM   #15
DaveP

I live here as does stewie, neeja, slark01, 5hort5, unosuke and..... and..... Maybe you soon!

There are worse places to live.... Wigan being one of them (spoken like a true saints fan). i know this as the other half lives in Wigan.

But on a serious note... Its not too bad. The night life is decent and there is always a good choice on offer . Everything you need in the town centre, which isnt far from Where Chris lives i dont think.

What you do for work tho mate? Plenty about but depends what you do?

Dave
Old 03-02-10, 03:51 PM   #16
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post

He,s right of course, but being from St Helens and working in Skem I think I can safely say where Id rather be...........St Helens obviously nah Warringtons not bad tbh, no pimbletts pies though........
Old 03-02-10, 07:36 PM   #17
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
What you do for work tho mate? Plenty about but depends what you do?
At the moment I work in tech support for a large fire & security firm, supporting the various security systems for the customers & engineers - intruder alarms mainly but the odd bit of software support too. It's not a 'proper' IT role, but it's starting to cross over more with IT because the systems we use are starting to be networked more and more. I could maybe move into IT if the right role came up that crossed over with what I do now.

Basically the work itself is ok, but I don't like the way the place is run, my line manager is a real ****. I realised I had hit a brick wall promotion-wise about 2 years ago and have been trying to get out ever since. The money is ok though which is just about the only reason I've stuck it out this long - I want to get a new job because it's a better job, not just for more money, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie
He,s right of course, but being from St Helens and working in Skem I think I can safely say where Id rather be...........St Helens obviously nah Warringtons not bad tbh, no pimbletts pies though........
Stewie, what are pimbletts pies? Is this some strange delicacy from St Helens? I'm only familiar with the work of Greenhalgh's and Pooles!

Last edited by El Saxo; 03-02-10 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-02-10, 09:26 PM   #18
stewie

Ah pimbletts meat n potatoe pies mmmmm food of the gods mate so when you movin in then ? btw neeja what part of town are you in ? is it bewsey ?
Old 03-02-10, 10:30 PM   #19
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Ah pimbletts meat n potatoe pies mmmmm food of the gods mate so when you movin in then ? btw neeja what part of town are you in ? is it bewsey ?
mmm pies...

I've only asked Neeja for more info so far, just trying to get a picture of what it will cost, what it's like in Warrington etc (it is Bewsey btw - don't think I've ever been there...).
Old 03-02-10, 11:12 PM   #20
dav806

Neeja, If you have never tried a Pimbletts pie, you've never lived, like Pooles but 10 times better!!! ha ha, I work in Warrington and its a bugger to get there from Upholland when the motorway is gridlocked!!! Unless I'm on the SV!