SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 06-04-10, 10:38 AM   #1
G
Mega Poster

Default NW6 Friday Travel Arrangement Thread

I thought I would start a new thread to try and establish peoples plans for the Friday. I know there has been a lot of discussion but nothing on paper.

For me, the most direct route is probably the most fun too up until the M6 around Crewe. So I wouldn't mind trying to link up with another group/route at some point after that even if it involves going in the wrong direction for a while.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...4,2.752075&z=8
Old 06-04-10, 10:43 AM   #2
carty

Default Re: NW6 Friday Travel Arrangement Thread

Talking to Binky yesterday we were assuming you were starting out with us from Brum. I thought we'd meet up with DMC and others at Quatford around lunchtime and then go on from there. If you don't want to come to Brum (understandable!) we can look at meeting you somewhere further en-route...
Old 06-04-10, 10:50 AM   #3
G
Mega Poster

Quatt is 90 odd miles of really naff roads for me and in completely the wrong direction

Would be good to try and link up though further north.
Old 06-04-10, 10:59 AM   #4
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

I'll probably be doing what I have done every year which was just follow Pete n Lissa
Hook up with others around Kidderminster I think it is then up.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 11:00 AM   #5
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Quatt makes more sense, can get some Breaky in. Mad looking forward to this now!!
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 11:09 AM   #6
G
Mega Poster

Looking at the possible route you guys may take from quatt I imagine you'll be heading in the Welshpool direction so may have to just catch up at the bunkhouse or somewhere local to the bunkhouse in the afternoon.
Old 06-04-10, 11:42 AM   #7
ravingdavis

Im probably going to be working in Stone on the Friday so I could meet up you somewhere near Newcastle-under-Lyme. I was planning on taking similar route to that which goes to the Pondy, some nice roads if you go via Whitchurch.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...,1.056747&z=11

I could head a little further north and meet up or you can come south?

Last edited by ravingdavis; 06-04-10 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-04-10, 01:04 PM   #8
christopher

What time are people planning on getting to the bunkhouse?

I'm only an hour away and not in the direction most are coming from so I'll either go direct or can meet up earlier in the day in Bala or Llangollen/Ponderosa etc. Have got the day off work so I'm easy.
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 01:26 PM   #9
G
Mega Poster

I have the day off too, if the weather isn't shocking I was going to head across early to do some site seeing, take some photos and have a little blast/photo session on the evo triangle.

I don't think you can get to the bunkhouse before 14:00 I remember mike saying.

I'm going to wait to see what others are doing before 100% confirming, but I am like a kid (look like one too so lickypants says)so doubt I will sleep much the night before and won't be able to sit about all morning if it's nice.

Last edited by G; 06-04-10 at 01:33 PM.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 01:46 PM   #10
christopher

In that case how about this?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...87204&t=h&z=10

Have set the start at Ponderosa, but can just as easily meet somewhere else. But that's a nicer road to the Triangle than the A5 (I avoide the A5 at all costs ). Once at the bottom left of the Triangle can spin round and do it in reverse before heading to the bunkhouse - just couldn't be bothered plotting that bit on the map.
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote