SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-07-10, 01:24 PM   #21
Fade

Default Re: Clutch replacement - how difficult?

A good one i've used before is Hylomar also used this one from Halfords, you get a nice little nozzle to apply it with as well.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165691

I haven't used sealant on this cover before so I would approach with caution, unless some one can come along with some more advice!

Also as the water i pressurised I would be worried about water in the oil not oil in the water, IF you do reuse the gasket and use sealant I would keep an eye on your water levels.

After buying the sealant and the possibility of it leaking £9.33 for a new gasket is not too bad.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 29-05-12, 09:45 AM   #22
jonathandowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneflakes View Post
Thank you for your reply.

I have taken off the worm gear and cleaned it and re-greased the whole assembly. The muck that came out was most undignified, hence not explaining what it looked like.
Couple questions:
  1. Where is the clutch worm gear? Is it an alternative name for the clutch actuator?
  2. What did you use to clean out the worm gear?
  3. What did you grease/oil the worm gear with?
Old 29-05-12, 02:33 PM   #23
Sy-superfly

(1) I think you are calling it the clutch actuator. It's the bit that spins round and goes in/out as you pull the clutch.
(2) Use wd40 or something similar. Best to squirt in then leave for a bit, cloth out, then squirt a bit more in to clean any little bits out. Don't bother clothing after this just grease.
(3) Then pack any type of grease in there car, mountain bike.(long as it's not hair grease)
Old 29-05-12, 02:39 PM   #24
muzikill
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattyfred89 View Post
hey guys, just replaced my plates, but havn't put the case back on, my question is.....
would you re-use the gasgit? and did you use any sealant for the seperate parts of the gasgit where the water circulates ( i think) as you can see in the pic below
Did the gasket tear when you took off the clutch cover? if not its worth a shot to see if it re-seals but, if it's a pointy dont use gasket sealant as it may cause a gap at the water pump at the top right when you refit it as it wont be 'level' with the rest of the case.

Do the right thing and buy another gasket. you dont want to have to deal with a coolant leak into the clutch/sump/engine do you?
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-12, 03:38 PM   #25
alfa.rbt

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikill View Post
Did the gasket tear when you took off the clutch cover? if not its worth a shot to see if it re-seals but, if it's a pointy dont use gasket sealant as it may cause a gap at the water pump at the top right when you refit it as it wont be 'level' with the rest of the case.

Do the right thing and buy another gasket. you dont want to have to deal with a coolant leak into the clutch/sump/engine do you?
I think it may ba a bot late advice (look at the date. of that post )
Old 29-05-12, 05:32 PM   #26
jonathandowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy-superfly View Post
(1) I think you are calling it the clutch actuator. It's the bit that spins round and goes in/out as you pull the clutch.
(2) Use wd40 or something similar. Best to squirt in then leave for a bit, cloth out, then squirt a bit more in to clean any little bits out. Don't bother clothing after this just grease.
(3) Then pack any type of grease in there car, mountain bike.(long as it's not hair grease)
Thank you, I appreciate your fast response
Old 29-05-12, 07:27 PM   #27
muzikill
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa.rbt View Post
I think it may ba a bot late advice (look at the date. of that post )
Haha reminder: muz check the dates of the posts!
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote