SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-09-08, 02:12 PM   #1
olden mgroin

Thumbs up sync throttle bodies

hi all, my bike is due for it's 15000 service (2003 sv650s). i've done almost everything myself to save a few £'s, all i have left is to synchronise the throttle bodies and new tire on front. what i would like to know is there a way to sync throttle bodies without using vacuum gauges or does anyone know where i can buy some gauges, i would like to do this job myself i enjoy fiddlin with the bike.

Any help or advice thanks.
Old 26-09-08, 07:51 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: sync throttle bodies

I bought my vacuum gauges from Morgan themselves (Carbtune). However, you can make some yourself & save a fortune.

Have a search on here (and the internet) about how to make your own. I'm off to work in a bit so I'll have a search when I get to the office see if I can dig up anything useful for you.

The act of sync'ing itself is easy as pie once you get used to it.
Old 26-09-08, 10:58 PM   #3
Airwolf

got my gauges off ebay. i think it was about £30. i did alot of searching before hand, worked out to be about best price, but that was a four gauge, needed for my other bike, but you can get cheaper two gauge ones if you search
http://www.toolparts.co.uk/acatalog/...cle_Tools.html
try this one
Old 27-09-08, 10:53 AM   #4
Interceptor

Hi OM, just finished making a manometer column, to balance the carbs on my curvy, posted the details on here, hope they are of use, if you have any questions let me know......
John
Old 27-09-08, 02:52 PM   #5
mattb200

I too have the Morgan carbtune, perhaps a little expensive, but works very well.
Old 29-09-08, 07:41 PM   #6
olden mgroin

thanks for the help people.