SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-09-18, 08:22 AM   #11
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: being a white man

Would never work, the mu51im5 would try to kill the Christians and any mu5lim not from their branch of i5lam and anyone with gay tendencies and would want all the females to walk behind the men and cover up from head to foot. If you want true intolerance at its worst look no further than ' the religion of peace' LOL

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-18, 10:47 AM   #12
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

fight intolerance with intolerance, yeah, that works haha...I know plenty of muslim people that don't fit the description you are imposing on all muslims, I'll continue to think there are decent people everywhere thanks...as is the case I've seen from travelling to a fair few places in my time. I'll not say any more on the matter, I'm not getting into an argument with you on this...just stating my counter view.

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-18, 11:33 AM   #13
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
As long as it is realised that this is spread equally throughout the human race. Different people have different experiences that affect their views, this should not be dismissed as prejudice or bigotry.
Thats fair enough as long as it is realised that some views are prejudiced and bigoted and should be called just that and confronted where appropriate.
Old 19-09-18, 08:07 AM   #14
keith_d
Mega Poster

Over the last 100,000 years tribalism has worked pretty well for the human species. We're not going to eradicate it in a dozen generations.

Racism/religion/football/politics will continue to appeal to our urge to belong to a tribe and trash the opposition. What we need to do is recognize when our ancient instinct takes us further than is acceptable in a civilized society and step back from the edge.

Now, about those ****ing ****ers who ride scooters.....!!!!

Last edited by keith_d; 19-09-18 at 08:12 AM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 08:22 AM   #15
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
I'll continue to think there are decent people everywhere thanks...as is the case I've seen from travelling to a fair few places in my time.
I'd agree that there are decent people everywhere, but there are also bad people everywhere. So, why do we have selfish, mean or thieving people?

The best answer I've found is that during good times people who try to screw over decent folks are a problem, but don't affect our survival. But in our past when things got really really bad these traits would ensure that some people survived (by screwing the rest).

So, much like tribalism, I doubt we'll rid ourselves of bad people any time soon. It's buried in our genes because it has been an important survival trait over the last 100,000 years.

Last edited by keith_d; 19-09-18 at 08:25 AM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 12:56 PM   #16
Bibio
Mega Poster

i keep forgetting sarcasm and irony dont come over very well on forums/text.

my whole point is that if select groups and minority's really wanted equality then it would be just that and there would be no need for these groups.

as k_d pointed out above its more about "belonging" to a tribe, and k_d also hit the nail on the head by referring to Racism/religion/football/politics.

who's the bigots if a certain select group of people want to be treated different..... equality for ALL..... but thats not good enough for a select few.

what if i want to walk down the street without a gay pride march going on or a charity fund raiser or cycle race.. dont the majority have a say in it... no we fekin dont.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 02:26 PM   #17
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
my whole point is that if select groups and minority's really wanted equality then it would be just that and there would be no need for these groups.
I think you nailed it. No-one wants equality. It's all about getting ahead so you can reproduce more than the next guy - the idea being that the best genes will win.

Doesn't really work anymore but the human psyche hasn't caught up. I mean I thought being a biker would have the ladies queuing up at the door...