SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-05-09, 05:01 PM   #11
jans1971

Default Re: What Is Your Earliest Memory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
3 years old playing witha evil kenevil toy and getting it taken of me cos i nicked it of another kid at the nursery, i played with it every week so in essence it was mine by right whinging little ****
LOL
Old 13-05-09, 05:12 PM   #12
Ed

Going to the fair at Danson Park, Bexleyheath, when I was 3. I hooked a goldfish and won a little red plastic car
Old 13-05-09, 06:49 PM   #13
Speedy Claire

I have a really poor memory of my childhood... i can remember making my first communion so I guess I was about 7? then.

I tend to remember more things such as dresses or toys that I had ie. a knitted blue and navy skirt and jacket with little brass buttons on I was sick all over it whilst on a ship coming home from Africa!

I also remember having a walky talky doll who was taller than me, also my dolls pram and bunkbeds.
Old 13-05-09, 06:59 PM   #14
CoolGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Going to the fair at Danson Park, Bexleyheath, when I was 3. I hooked a goldfish and won a little red plastic car
bet you couldn't do that now

my first memory is of a family trip to my grandmother's house in Guyana in 1971. I vividly remember meeting my great grandma, who was 105 at the time and being terrified of her as she only spoke Hindi. I can also remember being sat on a donkey and ridden up the road. I was nearly two. There are no photos as we didn't have a camera.
Old 13-05-09, 07:01 PM   #15
plowsie

I had a massive great big yellow dumper truck and was playing with it in Nans garden, memory led me to believe it went in the pond by accident and I went after it. Nan always denies it, I remember it as if it happened though.
Old 13-05-09, 07:10 PM   #16
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
You can almost guarantee your earliest memories are false Mine turned out to be a photo I'd seen. Doh!
True in a lot of cases, but don't belive the crap scientists tell you about not being able to remember before a certain age. There is nobody on this planet who truly understands the brain and it's complexity.

I have no idea how old I was, but must be under two 'cos thats when I got out of nappies and I'm the youngest child.

I remember my cloth and safety pin nappies and the kit box that my mother now uses for her sewing stuff being used for the baby accessories, creams, talc, etc. I remember my 4 year old sister changing my nappy and the fear of getting stabbed in the belly by the safety pin.

I remember my sister getting bitten my a goat when I was 2 1/2.

I also remember a holiday in Wales in a rented cottage with my Grandparents also when I was 2 1/2, including the garden of the cottage, a visit to a waterfall which had a small car park and was visible from the road, and playing with my grandparents new instamatic camera and being amazed to see the photo get spat out the front and the image slowly appear.
Old 13-05-09, 07:12 PM   #17
Jamiebridges123

I shat on the stairs when I was about 3 I'd guess... it was on the carpet like a little piece of whipped chocolate cream.

I also remember being about 5 and having some injection. It bloody felt like I was going to die and I couldn't walk afterwards. That's about as far back as I can remember.
Old 13-05-09, 07:13 PM   #18
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirl View Post
I was nearly two. There are no photos as we didn't have a camera.
Good, I'm glad there is someone else who can remember before the age of two and be sure it wasn't a photo! Whenever this subject comes up in conversation, nobody except my own family and my wife believes me.
Old 13-05-09, 07:22 PM   #19
Mej
Mega Poster

Very rarely do people remember anything before they wer 3-4 for some reason. Most of the memories people normally have are trauma ones, mine is my brother getting me drunk and then i crashed my tractor into our conservatory door. I was 4.

Mej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-09, 08:49 PM   #20
Kilted Ginger

I remember the day my I took my arm bands off at the swimming pool, not sure of age, but my dad reckons I was very young, There are photos of me swimming at a friends 3rd birthday party and he is 9 months older than me.

PS. Lissa that must have been sore, for anything to fall onto your head it must have dropped a long way