SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-05-09, 08:52 PM   #21
slark01

Default Re: What Is Your Earliest Memory?

Got no memory before 1980!
Not surprising as I had an accident in 1981!
Old 13-05-09, 09:15 PM   #22
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Haha, I too was three Lissa,

I was in Colorado Springs as my dad had to move us all out there for work when my sister and I were little. On my third birthday, I was given a box of cookies and I vividly remember the feeling of being important because I was holding the box and crawling round the dining room table on all fours, followed by my sister and our neighbours two kids chanting, " I AM THE COOKIE MONSTER" repeatedly!

I was talking about this with my mum and sister a few years back and as it happens, before that day, my sister was always ther cookiie monster and that day, mum made her let me have the box for my birthday.....lol.
Old 13-05-09, 09:33 PM   #23
Paws

Going into my grandads big chest freezer and taking out and playing with the dead wood pigeons he kept in there (he used to do alot of shooting), kept me amused for hours!!! i was about 2-3
Old 13-05-09, 10:13 PM   #24
Holdup

This i dont believe much myself but im 80% sure i remember, i must of been 1yr and 11 months old and my mum went of to hospital and my nan looked after me its very vague and im guessing as i dont remember anything afterwards that it must of been when my brother was born
Old 13-05-09, 10:19 PM   #25
Sally

Crying because I was scared of a ferris wheel, was around 3-4 ish.
Old 13-05-09, 10:20 PM   #26
jamesterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
You can almost guarantee your earliest memories are false Mine turned out to be a photo I'd seen. Doh!
Same for me, I woke up whilst dreaming as went to as a space craft take off when I was less than a year old and then my mum shown me the picture I'd seen before.. Oops.

Don't know my first memory..
jamesterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-09, 10:24 PM   #27
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
True in a lot of cases, but don't belive the crap scientists tell you about not being able to remember before a certain age. There is nobody on this planet who truly understands the brain and it's complexity.
I don't think anyone would put a date on it. But it's amazing how many memories you have that are false.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
No, this one I remember. There are others I'm not sure if I really remember or just think I do because I've been told about them, but I can remember the thump as it landed on my head.
The crazy things about false memories is that you can be sure as sure as sure. Surer than you've ever been, but they're false!

There are some great studies on this (for any nerds ) ; for example where people are asked to mentally invent the best meal they could ever imagine. They're asked to think through the whole thing, and try to taste it.
After 6 months they'll be phoned up to ask if they can still remember it, and after 12 months most people are adamant that they really did eat it. Mental stuff
Old 13-05-09, 10:25 PM   #28
xXBADGERXx

Being hauled in through a Window by my Mother who had "Stealthily" crept up on me , it turns out that the upstairs Windows were wide open and I was twirling around the vertical bar that seperates both windows to the outside then to the inside spinning on and on and giggling . Dad was in the RAF and came home and was horrified to see I had an audience of other kids laughing and clapping ........ he kept me amused outside whilst he caught my Mothers attention and alerted her that "Her" son was acting up again ....... I always became "Her" son when I was up to no good , I was around the age of 3

I have repeated many memories to folks of my early years and have had them verified by my parents and Mum and Dad have sworn they have never told the stories , then there is the spooky stuff I Simply cannot have seen but has been verified by my Grandma .
Old 13-05-09, 10:27 PM   #29
BanditPat

Tripping over the coaches foot at football training when I was about 4. I never went back , its a real memory my mum and dad can remember it as well. I didnt go back and i barely ever play football now. I to this day tell people that he tripped me up on purpose even though he prolly didnt.
Old 13-05-09, 10:29 PM   #30
Frank

sat in ther car and waving to my mum who had just given birth to my brother...I wa 14mths old