SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-05-09, 10:41 PM   #31
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: What Is Your Earliest Memory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
I don't think anyone would put a date on it. But it's amazing how many memories you have that are false.

The crazy things about false memories is that you can be sure as sure as sure. Surer than you've ever been, but they're false!

There are some great studies on this (for any nerds ) ; for example where people are asked to mentally invent the best meal they could ever imagine. They're asked to think through the whole thing, and try to taste it.
After 6 months they'll be phoned up to ask if they can still remember it, and after 12 months most people are adamant that they really did eat it. Mental stuff
Yep, many many memories are false. I know mine isn't because I's apparenly always told it and my mum, dad and sister, who were all there remember it well too.

I have other vague memories from the time I was in the states, but that's the one I remember really vividly and correctly, so it's what I consider to be my first.

It's like the whole deja vue thing too....the mind playing tricks on you.

Crazy....and to think we use nowhere near our brains capacity!
Old 13-05-09, 11:26 PM   #32
madness

Three and a half years old.

Running down the drive to greet my Mum back from hospital with my newborn baby brother and promptly falling flat on my face. Obviously I started crying and got more attention than my baby brother.
Old 14-05-09, 08:43 AM   #33
plowsie

Another one...

When my baby brother was born, my Mum and Dad gave the nurses a few quid to go into Solihull and get me 4 Thunderbirds figures, they told me that they had taken my bro with them to pick them out I also remember that same day, buying my mum a teddy bear with Dad in Shirley to take to her in the hospital. I was five.
Old 14-05-09, 08:50 AM   #34
Amanda M

I must have been about 2 or 3 but I clearly remember my gran and grandads old house with a proper coal fire and I remember my grandad coming down the stairs playing his piano-accordion. I've said this to my parents since then and they can't believe how well I can describe the house because they moved out of there when I was really young.
Old 14-05-09, 08:51 AM   #35
kwak zzr

poo'ing my self in nursery
Old 14-05-09, 08:54 AM   #36
madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
poo'ing my self in nursery
I'll leave the response to someone who knows you better!
Old 14-05-09, 08:57 AM   #37
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda M View Post
I must have been about 2 or 3 but I clearly remember my gran and grandads old house with a proper coal fire and I remember my grandad coming down the stairs playing his piano-accordion. I've said this to my parents since then and they can't believe how well I can describe the house because they moved out of there when I was really young.
very similar thing to me.

I dont remember us living there which isnt suprising as we moved out before my 2nd birthday. But 5 years ago just before I turned 20 I was passing through Bradford and pulled up with a really horrible feeling of familiarity so called my mum to ask if I'd ever been where I was before. Described what I could see, she told me to turn around and look at the 3rd house on the left it turned out been where I'd lived as a baby. It totally freaked me out made me realise there was stuff in my head I didnt know about.
Old 14-05-09, 08:59 AM   #38
kwak zzr

i remember it vividly, was doing a wooden elephant jigsaw and needed the loo, couldnt get there in time and ooooooops that really was my first memory 34years ago i would have been about 3.
Old 14-05-09, 09:01 AM   #39
zobers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
i remember it vividly, was doing a wooden elephant jigsaw and needed the loo, couldnt get there in time and ooooooops that really was my first memory 34years ago i would have been about 3.
I thought you was gonna say at 34years old LOL
Old 14-05-09, 09:05 AM   #40
kwak zzr

i poo myself regular on the gixer still at 37 hehe