SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 26-02-13, 09:31 AM   #1
SV650Racer

Default Urgently needed rear caliper carrier pad retaining clip

For a customers minitwin as they want to do a trackday Friday im needing the pad retaining clip that sits as part of the caliper hanger from an injected SV650. Sadly not available from suzuki on its own.

Is the clip as part of number 14 on this photo: If you can help please message me..

Old 26-02-13, 09:55 AM   #2
SV650Racer

Default Re: Urgently needed rear caliper carrier pad retaining clip

Sorted..
Old 27-02-15, 05:21 PM   #3
JonSV

I've just replaced my rear pads and this spring clip fell to the floor in 3 pieces when I removed the pads. I'm not paying the £70+vat suzuki want for the bracket and clip, which seems to be the only way to buy a replacement.

So can I run it without the clip? The old one obviously wasn't doing much in 3 peices, and other than possibly reducing noise I can't see what the clip actually does as the pads are retained by the bracket anyway. Or can the clip be bought separately anywhere? I have googled but not found anything. Or does anyone have a spare lying around?

Thanks
Old 13-07-18, 06:25 AM   #4
steve07

Jon,
What was your resolution just run without, have a similar issue.
Cheers
Steve
Old 18-07-18, 11:33 PM   #5
Yellow650Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSV View Post
I've just replaced my rear pads and this spring clip fell to the floor in 3 pieces when I removed the pads. I'm not paying the £70+vat suzuki want for the bracket and clip, which seems to be the only way to buy a replacement.

So can I run it without the clip? The old one obviously wasn't doing much in 3 peices, and other than possibly reducing noise I can't see what the clip actually does as the pads are retained by the bracket anyway. Or can the clip be bought separately anywhere? I have googled but not found anything. Or does anyone have a spare lying around?

Thanks
If it's supposed to be a piece of sprung steel that fits under the retaining pins and against the outer pad edge......you can run without it.
It's just an anti chatter plate, you'll hear more noise from the brake than usual......I've never noticed the difference personally.

If you're talking about an E clip/circlip or R clip/split pin.....or pad retaining pin then no you can't run without it
Yellow650Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-18, 11:11 AM   #6
steve07

Smile Re: Urgently needed rear caliper carrier pad retaining clip

Cheers mate many thanks