SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-07-19, 06:35 PM   #11
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Throttle Body Synchronisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Excellent, curvies must be getting on a bit now, so it’s good that you are looking after it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's in it's 21st year and I suspect it's got the original Spark plugs installed or at least close to as they are,"Denso" brand which TTBOMK are only Japan Factory fitted and still in great condition and firing good
Old 23-07-19, 07:12 PM   #12
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
It's in it's 21st year and I suspect it's got the original Spark plugs installed or at least close to as they are,"Denso" brand which TTBOMK are only Japan Factory fitted and still in great condition and firing good

Another 19 years and it will be tax and MoT exempt!

Old 23-07-19, 10:11 PM   #13
Scittyf

It's nice to hear bikes with such high mileage. Most tend to be scrapped or binned before any use able life is had out of them.

My curvey 400 has 39'000 km on it. But it won't be getting much more from me really.
Couple track days and some pootling round on weekends and that's about it.

Quite amazed at how well these svs clock up mileages though.

Maybe a high mileage sv thread?
Scittyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 09:20 AM   #14
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Another 19 years and it will be tax and MoT exempt!

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.It's an Anniversary date not how old a vehicle is.There have been campaigns to get it changed over the years but nothing has altered

It will soon however qualify for Carol Nash's,"Classic" insurance which can work out cheaper for me if and when I decide to put an old Honda CX500 I have in my garage back on the road
Old 24-07-19, 09:33 AM   #15
Othen

Default Throttle Body Synchronisation

Quote:
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.It's an Anniversary date not how old a vehicle is.There have been campaigns to get it changed over the years but nothing has altered

It will soon however qualify for Carol Nash's,"Classic" insurance which can work out cheaper for me if and when I decide to put an old Honda CX500 I have in my garage back on the road

... actually some good news, the rules for historic vehicles have changed and now vehicles qualify in the April following their 40th birthday on the road. I did the research for this when the Bloop turned 40, I’ll find the relevant articles and post them for you (maybe for the CX?).

... and here is the good news, straight from the horse’s (government’s) mouth:

https://www.gov.uk/historic-vehicles

It is a very simple process now: wait until the April after a bike is 40 years old, take the V5 to a post office, get a new V5 back, don’t bother to MoT it any more, tax it free online every year... it is as simple as that (I do it with the Bloop).

Last edited by Othen; 24-07-19 at 09:56 AM.
Old 24-07-19, 11:03 AM   #16
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
... actually some good news, the rules for historic vehicles have changed and now vehicles qualify in the April following their 40th birthday on the road. I did the research for this when the Bloop turned 40, I’ll find the relevant articles and post them for you (maybe for the CX?).

... and here is the good news, straight from the horse’s (government’s) mouth:

https://www.gov.uk/historic-vehicles

It is a very simple process now: wait until the April after a bike is 40 years old, take the V5 to a post office, get a new V5 back, don’t bother to MoT it any more, tax it free online every year... it is as simple as that (I do it with the Bloop).

Wow!Great as my Honda is a 1980!

Thanks for the info
Old 24-07-19, 11:24 AM   #17
Othen

Quote:
Wow!Great as my Honda is a 1980!

Thanks for the info

Excellent! Depending on when in the year it was registered it will be tax and MoT exempt in April 2020 or 21.

See, this forum does have its uses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk