SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-03-06, 12:34 AM   #41
empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by will
Quote:
Originally Posted by empty
**Update**
Looking at my gear, helmet has a few scrapes on it, insurance should cover a new one, High vis jacket is a bit worn in places, rest of the stuff is totally unmarked (bizzare).

MT
mark, make sure that you get like for like - they'll have to relieve thames water of a hi-viz jacket to conform
I was wearing my ex-police type one (nice, windproof, mostly waterproof and very very shiny), not exactly subtle. My "WATER" one is fine, no need to start raiding Wessex Water for another just yet.

MT
Old 23-03-06, 01:01 AM   #42
silent

rictus, be afraid...be very afraid...

andy
Old 24-03-06, 12:40 PM   #43
empty

Hire bike is now here - and it's an SV! 53 plate SV650N in silver, with an irritating alarm that "reminds" you that you have had your indicators on for more than 10 seconds (grrrr). Have taken it for a quick spin, first impressions are that it seems to be much much taller than my curvy faired SV (I can see over the top of cars now, plus if I stand up at traffic lights my a*se still touches the seat), being a naked it is a bit different to a bike with clip ons, but overall pretty good. Plus it doesn't put any weight on my wrists, so my thumb is fine and my right wrist which has hurt a little has no problems with it.

Taking it nice and slow (even more slow than normal), not going to commute today as I am going out for drinks after work tonight but should hopefully be back to daily riding tomorrow.

They also sent me a hire helmet, which is a Takachi and, certainly compared to the Arai that I have, is not great. It will do until I can get the Arai checked out though. I apparently have the option to buy it for a tenner at the end of the hire.

My SV has gone away to the assessors, Rictus kindly had a look over it yesterday, mechanically it seems to be sound, but it will most likely get written off because of all the plastic damage (all fairings except screen, clocks surround, headlight etc) and the (slight) scuff on the exhaust. Will wait and see, if it is written off may get it back on the road.

MT
Old 24-03-06, 01:14 PM   #44
will

mark, are you still in the same bit of southfields (off posh parkside) or have you moved down the hil to the "grid" bit - only asking cos there's a yellow curvy like yours parked up round the corner from me, but it hasn't been around for a few days and was just wondering....
Old 24-03-06, 11:44 PM   #45
empty

Still just off inner park rd

MT
Old 25-03-06, 12:48 AM   #46
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Glad wasn't too bad. All the best.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-06, 04:08 PM   #47
bluebell

Ouch, glad it was'nt to bad, take care.
Old 26-03-06, 04:55 PM   #48
Professor

Sorry to hear of your off, empty! At least you didn't come out too
bad from this incident.

Best of luck with the insurance settlement!
Old 28-04-06, 05:09 PM   #49
empty

OK, it would seem that the other persons insurers don't have a clue. They just offered me £2150 for my bike, and if rumours are to be believed, I might be getting it back free. Not sure about that one, but no salvage value has been put on it as yet. So there might be some chunks of curvy SV for sale in the near future - will keep everyone posted, mechanically all the bits behind the headstock (and most in front) are fine. I can hear vultures above......

That means, even if I don't get the bike back, the cost of ownership for 2 years (including the few blingy bits added to motorcycle but not consumables) worked out to be £150. Bonus. Still awaiting results of gear claim and awaiting a GP assessment of my thumb (still a bit sore in some positions).

New Motorcycle time......watch this space.......

MT
Old 28-04-06, 05:43 PM   #50
mattSV
Mega Poster

Decline their initial offer and push for more
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote