SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-10-07, 08:33 AM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Payment Protection Insurance

I know the advice these days is that it is not worth it. That financial companies try to sell it to make big bucks for themselves.

Well the wife has a loan that requires £325/month. So whilst she is off work for the next 9 months the PPI has agreed to pay out. Yipee.

Only gripe is that she has to get a form signed by her employer to say she has not returned to work each month. Initially they also wanted it signed by her GP who charges £25 each time to confirm her diagnosis, but after reading her initial claim decided they only need it signing every 6 months instead.

This is a big worry off Lynnes shoulders, Because of pre existing problems she has already taken 4 months of sickness in the past 12 months and had only returned to work for 2 months when she was diagnosed with the breast cancer and as a result would shortly drop to half pay whilst off sick.

PPI may well be a poor investment. But for once we think we got it right.

Now if only I can get her to spend her little windfall in my direction
Old 20-10-07, 10:46 AM   #2
neio79

Default Re: Payment Protection Insurance

PPI depends on personal circumastances and in your case it has paid off big style. For me being in the forces the only time i dont get paid is if i am dead, so i never have taken out PPI.
Old 20-10-07, 10:49 AM   #3
kwak zzr

Default Re: Payment Protection Insurance

i dont take it either, the RM pay me 6 months full pay sick leave then 6 months half pay.