SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-10-12, 07:06 PM   #1
GoodKat

Default Strange rattle noise-normal or not?

Hey there lads, I was searching some Sv650 related movies on youtube and found this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yWWv96DTH8. I remarked that my Sv (k4, 20.000 km) does exactly the same sound. Also, my first bike (CB 500) did this sound. I don't know if I should be worried about this or not. Did you remarked this sound at your bike? Did anyone figured out what could produce this sound? Best wishes from Romania! Cheers!
Old 10-10-12, 08:58 AM   #2
Fallout
Mega Poster

Default Re: Strange rattle noise-normal or not?

Don't worry until it blows up, that's my motto. If I worried about the jumping idle, strange air intake noises, clutch crunching, gear rattle etc etc. noises on my bike, it'd never get ridden!

Now someone from the other end of the spectrum can chime in and tell you to dismantle your engine.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 10:54 AM   #3
GoodKat

Default Re: Strange rattle noise-normal or not?

True, true, especially that I heard exactly this noise at other twin cylinder motorcycles. I've listened today and the noise my motorcycle makes it's, let's say, at a lower volume. I've listened with a screwdriver pointed on the cylinders, and I identified the source (aprox.) The head of the front cylinder. It's a cyclic noise so I believe that it's something with the cam chain or cam chain tensioner...and the tensioners are ultra known on the sv's for theyr lazyness.