SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 17-11-06, 08:59 AM   #1
K

Default Meh. I've got to go out in the rain!

My poor shiney SV is going to get all wet and mucky.

Doing the vehicle shuffle to get her from the back of the garage to the front yesterday.

See those front forks - not a bit of corrosion on them.

Taking her down to Flitwick Motorcycles for her MOT later this morning and it dark, gloomy and raining.

So - motorway it, hope it's quiet mid morning and get it over with as soon as possible but likely to get very dirty from lorry scum...

... or take the back roads, nice n gentle like, take longer but may end up cleaner?

You can see where my priorities are can't you?

Thing is someone's coming to look at her this afternoon (or maybe over the weekend) who is likely to buy her.

I've had to get out my winter riding gear too... and it's soooo dusty as it's not been worn for, um, about three years. I like being a sunny weekend warrior me!
Old 17-11-06, 09:13 AM   #2
K

I sit here typing and I can hear it starting to rain harder...

... those clouds are ganging up on me I tell's ee. 3 years vengence about to be released like a bucket over my head as soon as I leave the garage. Bah!
Old 17-11-06, 10:06 AM   #3
mic-hull

Default bummer wiv the rain

i work at place with a tin roof n i car hear it hammering it down,

hope she passes.

i remember mt training in weather like this, my boots filled up :O)

M
Old 17-11-06, 12:53 PM   #4
K

Well, no sooner had I got outside that breaks appear in the clouds and the sun comes peeping out. Rainbows arching round, umbrellas taken down and birds begin to sing (I imagine over the sound of my exhaust), all around me the winter blues just faded away.

Yup - all around me - I was personally treated to being stalked by my own black and forboding rain-cloud. All the way there and all the way back.
And of course it went off for a wander elsewhere whilst I was actually in the bike shop only to reappear two seconds after I've got my helmet back on.
Oh well - I guess I could have snowed or something! :P Nah - snow in November - never.

Passed with flying colours with just a little note to say that the exhaust was a tad on the loud side.
Old 17-11-06, 08:10 PM   #5
Ward8124

I just had to ride all the way from central London to Cambridge in heavy traffic and believe me wet iis an understatement of what i was like when i got in the door!
Old 18-11-06, 12:27 PM   #6
K

And of course it's lovely and sunny today. I should have seen that one coming really. :P
Old 18-11-06, 01:50 PM   #7
Law

How much do you want for the rain cloud dissipating machine that you obviously own?
Old 18-11-06, 05:36 PM   #8
Skip
Mega Poster

Went out for an hour this afternoon, thermal leggings, two tops and winter gloves and I was just starting to get cold and dark when I got back - was nice to get out though... I am with you on the bad weather thing K, my bike never leaves the garage if its raining, although lately I seem to keep coming home in the rain!