SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-07-10, 07:41 PM   #1
SIII
Mega Poster

Default Just bought a new SV

Hi, I have just put a deposit down on a brand new K9 Sport in Black on a 10 plate.

Got such a good deal - £1100 off list, full whack for my 125 trade-in and 0% finance! including a full 24 mths warranty. Just couldn't miss the deal. Was looking for a three year old ish but this was too good a deal to miss.

Question - what parts would you recommend to protect and keep it clean ie hugger, fender extenda, paint protector etc? What make of hugger / fenda is the best made / best fit?

This is the 1st new vehicle I have ever bought, so want to keep it as tidy as possible, any other recommendations or area I need to protect.
SIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-10, 07:59 PM   #2
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Default Re: Just bought a new SV

Crash bungs swingarm bobbins and fork bobbins if you can get them.
Old 28-07-10, 08:10 PM   #3
ChrisSV

Pyramid hugger on mine, fenda extenda, and as Biker Biggles says Crash bungs and bobbins, mine are R&G
Old 28-07-10, 08:13 PM   #4
tj ready

HI, I commute every day to work on my SV and I have found that the best fitting rear hugger in the genuine one! And any fender extender is a must! Also like stated before me crash bungs and swing arm bobbins are defiantly worth investing in R&G are a well known make and are good as well! (Trust me I’ve tested them lol)! As for the paint protection I’m not shore where they fit?? If they do one for the front of the lowers by the wheel then get it to stop the stone chips and maybe where your knees rub on the fuel tank?? I would also recommend a genuine Suzuki tank pad for when you lean over to prevent scratching the tank! Hope this helps Tony
Old 28-07-10, 08:25 PM   #5
kwak zzr

sounds like you had a great deal there SIII my cousin just had a simalair deal on a lo10 gixer 600, with the 0% finance it was indeedy cheaper than buying a 2nd hand one
Old 28-07-10, 08:27 PM   #6
Specialone

I had a redfox hugger and it fitted really well.
Old 28-07-10, 10:49 PM   #7
GagginForraPint

Sii, where did you buy yours from, I got a similar deal a couple of months back on a black K9 sport.
Definately need a tank pad, fender extender for all those wet weekends, hugger to keep the rear shock nice n shiney.
Old 29-07-10, 04:01 PM   #8
SIII
Mega Poster

Was the last one at the dealers in Carlisle, just read today that the Sport has been deleted from Suzuki's list, so I guess dealers are trying to get rid of them before they become an 'old' model! Still selling them but without the full fairing! Which personally I wouldn't have without the lowers.

Did you get a black one too? Seems like all the blue with white stripes sold better, and dealers are only getting black one's now!

Once I am on the road with it, I hope to join in on some runs with Ecosse group.

Last edited by SIII; 29-07-10 at 04:03 PM.
SIII is offline   Reply With Quote