SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 15-02-08, 07:43 PM   #1
coombest

Exclamation Help!

I've been really smart and have booked myself on to a trackday at Brands Hatch on the 23rd of February, using some of a voucher given to me for my Birthday last year...

The other day I thought it might be a good idea to check the sound pressure level to see if it will pass the 105dB noise test!
Using the technique listed on MSV/Brands Hatch's website, I got 110dB!!
Although this is very impressive, it won't be great on a trackday as they pretty definitely won't let me out on track!

I know it's a long shot but does anyone who owns (or has previously owned!) a Kawasaki ZX7R, have a standard or road legal exhaust can they would be willing to lend me (and can get to me by next Friday!) or have any clever ideas!?

I've got a Scorpion slip-on from my old SV sat in my Mum's garage which I could pinch the baffle from and hope it fits my can BUT (and it's a big but!)
My bike's at All Bike Engineering in London having it's suspension sorted and I'm not able to collect it until next Thursday! This is due to the fact that I'm off up the country with a load of stuff in the back of my van, to spend a couple of days in Yorkshire at my Dad's place (cheap holiday!). There's people home here, who could receive a delivery if anyone can help though!

Cheers,

Tim