SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-02-08, 01:56 PM   #1
ejohnh

Default Help please for Bettws-y-Coed break?

Hi,

This might not be the place to put this but:

About 25 or more bikers from South Wales, organised by the Welsh Rideout Club, are spending a weekend based in a couple of BnBs in Bettws-y-Coed, North Wales. They want to do an all day rideout with a stop or stops for food. It will be at the end of May so the day will be fairly long. The organiser is asking for some rideout suggestions so I thought this would be the ideal place to get one or two.

Any please?

Thanks,

John
Old 12-02-08, 02:03 PM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Help please for Bettws-y-Coed break?

Just down the road from me. How many miles? Type of roads? any preferences for 'places to see'? You cold come on the NW3 ride at end of March for a feel for the roads.... See Here and Here

answers are coming, but may want to keep my powder dry to the NW3, so might send you a route via PM
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 02:04 PM   #3
ccurts

Rode up there from Pembs last May. Awesome roads. It doesn't matter where you go really, but if you want som stunning scenery do the Llanberis pass, it's more or less the road from betws to caernarfon. Breathtaking views and twisty roads. I went from Betws up to conway, around the coast on tha A5 for a bit to Llandudno, on to Caernarfon (to see the castle, which is a nice visit, a nice town with loads of small pubs/ cafe an a great big wetherspoons for lunch) then back to Betws via Llanberis, which was the best bit. I could have turned south between Llanberis and Betws to follow another spectacular valley, but It was my birthday and I wanted to get back to the pub - The Royal Oak in Betws, which is highly recomended. Have a great trip
Old 12-02-08, 02:24 PM   #4
ejohnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Just down the road from me. How many miles? Type of roads? any preferences for 'places to see'? You cold come on the NW3 ride at end of March for a feel for the roads.... See Here and Here

answers are coming, but may want to keep my powder dry to the NW3, so might send you a route via PM
Thanks LP

Correction: Weekend is 6th-8th June.

They will prob want to do about 250 miles. Mix of twisties and sweeping bends would be great. I'm really, well sort of , p*ssed off cos 4 of us returning from our France/Spain oddysey the monday in the same week.

I'm afraid my missus wouldn't wear my bugging off again in March. Some of us from the WRC are also doing a Normandy beaches tour at the beginning of April. And then the NABD rally which I believe is in May.

John

Last edited by ejohnh; 15-02-08 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-02-08, 02:26 PM   #5
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnh View Post
Thanks Baph

Correction: Weekend is 6th-8th June.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 02:28 PM   #6
ejohnh

Quote:
lol Sorry Mike - it's the CRAFT problem I got.