SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 23-09-08, 08:58 PM   #1
mister c
Mega Poster

Default 3 sisters 21st September

Went racing with my 2 sons on Sunday. I was chief pit biatch & photographer & had a really good day. The weather stayed fine & sunny, so we had some fantastic racing. I had messed about with Matt's suspension, so he went out in morning practice with the instruction to come in if it wasn't right. He didn't come in, so all was well. It was also Tim's 1st race on his RR, he was going well.

Chris No 29 (my eldest) 1st time at 3 sisters he finished with a 7th & a 9th

Matty No 57 (my middle one). Got a 12th & 14th. Running a standard engine & only has a Maxton spring for "upgraded" suspension.

Tim on his RR No117. 4th in his 1st race, spot on muck

Mike (our mate) He absolutely flies on this thing. Got a 3rd in one of his races.

A few more pictures of a brilliant day.

The guy on this Triumph won both his races and sounded the horn on the last lap, how cool is that

mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-08, 04:03 PM   #2
Zombie Jesus

Default Re: 3 sisters 21st September

nice which club is this?
Old 26-09-08, 05:48 AM   #3
mister c
Mega Poster

It's Preston & District. The track is a Go Kart track. I did my 1st trackday there years ago, if you want to learn how to corner, this is the place to do it
Old 30-09-08, 09:24 PM   #4
MrMessy

Me and my friend was there good days racing. Lad on green & yellow 125 Honda races at Thundersport GB meetings and they bought bike from somebody I know. Are you doing any other meetings this season. Will be at Cadwell again this weekend and Donnington/Mallory in a fortnight?
MrMessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-08, 07:43 AM   #5
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMessy View Post
Me and my friend was there good days racing. Lad on green & yellow 125 Honda races at Thundersport GB meetings and they bought bike from somebody I know. Are you doing any other meetings this season. Will be at Cadwell again this weekend and Donnington/Mallory in a fortnight?
We are off to Oulton Park on the 18th of this month & I have a track day there on the 29th, I can't wait, 1st one since my off
Old 01-10-08, 10:00 AM   #6
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
We are off to Oulton Park on the 18th of this month & I have a track day there on the 29th, I can't wait, 1st one since my off
You'll absolutely love Oulton, it's like Cadwell on steroids. The hairpin is deceiving, every time you exit you think "I could have done that 5mph faster", and next time you are 5mph faster but think the same thing. The run up Clay Hill under the bridge is fantastic too...and Cascades...and Island...and well, the whole circuit

I like Oulton...does it show?
Old 01-10-08, 10:13 AM   #7
G
Mega Poster

Looking good. I was about to say isnt 3 sisters a kart track. Didnt realise it was a bike track as well, must have been tight racing lol
Old 01-10-08, 12:41 PM   #8
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
You'll absolutely love Oulton, it's like Cadwell on steroids. The hairpin is deceiving, every time you exit you think "I could have done that 5mph faster", and next time you are 5mph faster but think the same thing. The run up Clay Hill under the bridge is fantastic too...and Cascades...and Island...and well, the whole circuit

I like Oulton...does it show?
Been there a few times & love it to bits it's got everything you want in a track, fast bits, slow bits, technical, easy.
I still can't get my head around Druids. People keep telling me different ways of taking it, but my brain won't let me, I end up taking the 1st apex & then running wide when I come onto the straight. Going to sort it this time tho

3 Sisters is a brilliant circuit for the late brakers, even 650's have a go at 1000cc bikes there (ask Toadie ). Fantastic to watch
Old 01-10-08, 05:58 PM   #9
Lozzo

Funny that, I never had any problem with Druids, I keep getting my entry into Lodge wrong. I quite like double apex corners like Druids and Coppice at Donington, but my all time favourite corner has to be Cascades at Oulton