SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-08-05, 08:51 AM   #1
Iain51

Default Ordered It!!

I'll be picking my S up on Monday! What a way to banish the Monday blues! I got such a good deal at George White in Slough that I decided to blow a large prt of the savings sorting out a belly pan, hugger, seat cowl and RG crash bungs!

Man I'm getting excited! I keep just staring at a picture of it (Mind you, it beats working!) I've been off two wheels for about five years now, so it's going to be fab getting back on a bike again. I just hope I don't find it too slow once I'm used to it. (Previous bike was a '98 ZX6R G1) Saying that, I'm also hoping I've grown up and don't feel the need to go balls out all the time!

One thing I'll defo be doing will be sorting out a ride out with some of you guys once it's run in. Gotta audition the various zorst options!

Iain

Sorry about the excess of smilies, but it's a smiley kinda day!

Old 10-08-05, 09:07 AM   #2
Wiltshire7

great choice!

is it fastest blue or slowest black?

nothing quite like the feeling of a new bike on the way, hope u enjoy it.
Old 10-08-05, 09:16 AM   #3
adam

or unpainted?
Old 10-08-05, 09:18 AM   #4
MarkyBoy

Good on ya Iain, just finishing running in my own S in super fast black!

looking forward to being able to open it up a bit !!!

oh yeah and welcome!
Old 10-08-05, 10:07 AM   #5
Iain51

Everyone knows blue is best!

Actually, we know red is worst!

Markyboy, did you run in for 1000 miles? Somehow I had the restraint to be able to do that on my ZX6, so I should be able to manage it again.
Old 10-08-05, 11:16 AM   #6
NitroNorry

Welcome mate. Blue's are pretty good (#2) but blacks are clinically proven to be superior! :P

Whereabouts are you?

Martin
Old 10-08-05, 12:32 PM   #7
rpwoodman

What sort of deal did GW give you Iain, if you don't mind me asking? I am just about to buy (from someone other than GW), but I'd be interested to know what you got.

If you don't want to say, no probs.

rgds
Old 10-08-05, 12:42 PM   #8
Iain51

Martin, I'm over in West Surrey - near Farnham.

Rpwoodman - wondered how long it'd be before someone asked! I got it for £3995 OTR. And yes, that is on the 0% offer!! GW prettyy much have it listed at £4199 OTR.

Oh, and the salesman at Infinity in Farnborough (nice guy) reckoned that all the ones he's sold have been at list £4599. He said I've been the first person to try and get some money off. How true that is, I don't know.
Old 10-08-05, 01:22 PM   #9
rpwoodman

Gosh - that is a good deal.

I used the GW in Swindon when I bought my current bike but they were rather snobby I felt - if you didn't have some massive sports bike, they kind of looked down their nose at you.
As I don't know anything really about bikes/engines etc, having somewhere which will tolerate stupid questions (as well as SV650.org!) and be friendly to a new biker is very important to me.

As a side issue, how did they deal with the add-ons? Did you get a discount on the parts, or free labour?

Hopefully this great weather we're having at the minute will continue - I can imagine how p*ssed off you'll be if you have your new shiny bike sitting in the garage because the weather has gone mad!

Rgds
Old 10-08-05, 01:50 PM   #10
kwak zzr

ive got the un painted one! but i think they tighten'd the gear leaver correctly on that colour.