SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-05-05, 09:48 PM   #1
Warren

Default lets talk service

ok, some of you guys are gonna wonder why im asking these stupid questions.

but whats the deal with servicing. im due a 24k service ( a major, did the last one myself )

1 - can anyone recommend anywhere trustworthy and cheap in essex ?

2- how long will it take approx? are we talkin a few hours, a few days or a few weeks ?

3- am i likely to get a courtesy bike ? how does this work? do you have to arrange your own insurance and stuff ? or is it on the garage's insurance ? do you have to pay to hire it or something ?

4- is the bike likely to feel much different after the service ?

5- how much am i looking at paying ?

i think thats all for now - but will prob have a pick at your brains tomorrow.

cheers for your answers in advance.
Old 15-05-05, 09:59 PM   #2
Iansv

er... its not an sv.....
Old 15-05-05, 10:01 PM   #3
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansv
er... its not an sv.....
hence being in "biking issue's", not "sv talk"

:P
Old 15-05-05, 10:02 PM   #4
Iansv

maybe the cbr forum can give you better answers tho... was all I was thinking, as they are rather specific questions
Old 15-05-05, 10:05 PM   #5
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansv
maybe the cbr forum can give you better answers tho... was all I was thinking, as they are rather specific questions
no offence to the guys on the CBR forum . . . . but there not as *cough* *cough* smart as you guys.

but please dont take this as an offer to inflate your ego's
Old 16-05-05, 11:51 AM   #6
Warren

im mainly interested in a courtesy bike and how that works out too.

cos i wouldnt like to be bikeless for a few days (i hate getting the bus)
Old 16-05-05, 12:08 PM   #7
Balky001
Mega Poster

Do John's of Romford do courtesy bikes? If not, John Vines at Raleigh does - he's not a Honda dealer but does MV Agusta and Kawasaki. They seem OK, maybe a bit pricey.

I'm in the same position, finding a good reliable mechanic is difficult - especially when you read articles where someone works at a garage and only ever same the valve clearances checked once in 3 years of working there (and it was an manufacturer's dealership). And they did it wrong. Not sure I want to leave my pride and joy just anywhere
Old 16-05-05, 12:14 PM   #8
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balky001
Do John's of Romford do courtesy bikes? If not, John Vines at Raleigh does - he's not a Honda dealer but does MV Agusta and Kawasaki. They seem OK, maybe a bit pricey.

I'm in the same position, finding a good reliable mechanic is difficult - especially when you read articles where someone works at a garage and only ever same the valve clearances checked once in 3 years of working there (and it was an manufacturer's dealership). And they did it wrong. Not sure I want to leave my pride and joy just anywhere
no offence, but i wouldnt p*ss on johns of romford if they were on fire.
Old 16-05-05, 12:15 PM   #9
Iansv

I've used John E Vines when I had a Kwak, Good guys down there but they weren't the cheapest
Old 16-05-05, 04:06 PM   #10
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikageboy
no offence to the guys on the CBR forum . . . . but there not as *cough* *cough* smart as you guys.
... is that coz they bought CBR's instead of SV's

Sorry