SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-04-05, 11:17 PM   #1
swamp

Default gsxr 600 indicators and sv k5 indicators (put down - drop)

Well got my new k5 sv650s and in the space of 100 miles managed to put it down while stopped

Got caught out at a t junction sloping off to the left, plus it was dipped from some re-filled hole. Should have put both feet down and lean to the right and I now remember my first instructor warning me about that particular juction 12 months ago. But habit teaches left foot down with right on rear brake always. Stupid newbie error but I am a stupid newbie rider I guess

Scuffed my left wing mirror edge slightly and scratched up the left front indicator quite a bit. Glad I had the mushrooms on. Not sure if it is worth fixing in case I make more stupid errors but......

I have seen some cheap GSXR 600 indicators (full set 2nd hand) which look exactly the same in the photo but not 100% sure. I guess Suzuki use the same parts across many of their bikes. Are they the same ? I only really need the front left so far

To fit a K5 sv650S, in-fact I can get away with just the back body !!

Does this mean it is christened now ? I hope it does not become an habit. This could get expensive.
Old 03-04-05, 02:00 AM   #2
hall13uk

yes its christened we hae all done it.
i have 1 indicator left out of the four oringinal ones that came with my bike it after changing to some motrax ones. anyway do u want my last one it's from a k4 immaculate condition i will only charge you postage . if you would like it let me know.
Old 03-04-05, 09:45 AM   #3
swamp

Default oh, yes please

oh yes, If you don't mind.

What happened to the other 3 ? Have these been scrounged off you also ?
If you have a paypal account I can send you some cash that way. I have a bit of credit in it anyway. I can pm you with my address.

BTW, what did you change your blinkers to ? I like the look of those flush mounted ones, (maybe at a later date.. Don't like to tempt fate). I have no idea what to get, there are so many around and I guess some are poor quality then others.
Old 03-04-05, 02:25 PM   #4
hall13uk

yes the others were also scrounged of me .
i now have led motrax arrows there good i am happy with them anyway.