SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-04-06, 06:58 PM   #1
socommk23

Default Scare them all!

i been getting really agitated latly with the increase in crap car drivers!
several times i been dangerously cut up with no appologies!

in fact, the last two thought they were in the write!

one car thought he was in the right to pull out into the road infront of me..seeing me there but still edging out till he made contact with my leg with his bumper!

as you can imajine i wasnt happy.
put bike on side stand..walked over ranting and raving...(blacked out to what i was doing....huge addrenalin rush)..went to put fist through window when i saw a bold bouncer type looking like he **** himself..he pulled away and my fist made contact wid the centre pillar! ouch!

second time was a bloody taxi driver....pulled out...i slammed on anchours...front locked, slipped, i managed to recover and stop less than an inch off his bumper as he carried on as though nothing happened! GRRRRR!
again got round him and fliped him the bird thinking that would be it!

no! he beeped me!!
BEEPED ME!
so...bike stopped....on side stand...lost it all over again!
he then winds up window and almost tries to run me over to get away!
so i stepped aside and let him go!!!!

im scared ill turn into one of these if i get into a car!!!

im not really all that scary! really not..or violent. but i guess they couldnt see me in my gear!
lol
Old 15-04-06, 07:04 PM   #2
Toypop

I'd agree having just been reading your latest postings that you are getting too wound up!

Sounds like you are too highly strung to be riding a bike - dunno if you have always been like that or just lately?!?

Recommend cooling it a bit before you end up in hospital! I am as guilty as the next man when it comes to getting wound up and responding with aggression and a bit of throttle but that is when you get tunnel vision and up being taken out by a dozy driver or getting nicked!
Old 15-04-06, 07:07 PM   #3
socommk23

ive been quite controlled till recently!
luckily my insuranse has ran out..and not in some money for a while!
i think im just piŁŁed off with brushing these incidents off all the time!
they need to know they are crap drivers!
or they will kill some one!
we all heard it before "sorry mate, didnt see you there"
Old 15-04-06, 07:15 PM   #4
UlsterSV

Every time I read one of your posts! I get this picture of some guy shouting! And he's smiling too because he's always exclaiming things! Like this! And it's weird as hell! Not that I'm complaining! It's different! Carry on good sir!
Old 15-04-06, 08:40 PM   #5
Peter Henry

Socomm...This type of knob will always be out there fella.FACT. The world will not change for you,you have to accept that it is this way and really work on your awareness when out on the bike.

Looking for confrontation after the event could lead to all manner of problems mate. Try and chill a little.
Old 16-04-06, 07:03 AM   #6
TC3

Peter is right....you have to accept that there will always be drivers like that and it is all part of being a biker. If you carry on the way you do one of these days you are gonna meet a driver who might decide to rip you in 2!

Yes y get ****ed at a lot of drivers and have the odd word or hand sign but most of the time i let it go cos they wont learn a thing from a biker raving and ranting
Old 16-04-06, 07:41 AM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

I don't know how long you have been riding, but from the sounds of things you won't for much longer if you don't learn to control your aggression. Once the red mist descends you are no longer thinking rationally and that is when stupid risks get taken with the inevitable consequences.

Getting aggressive towards cage drivers only reinforces the stereotype prejudice that many cage drivers hold towards bikers. As you gain experience you get a sixth sense and start to ride defensively, continually redefining the potential hazard and risk.

As a guy who returned to biking as a way of calming myself down. I find that it is far better to come home with a smile on your face and relaxed, than to come home climbing the walls and feeling the need to shout about other people.

Should the day come when you start to drive, you will have had the benefit of your time on two wheels and be more bike conscious. Then the boot will be on the other foot. You will see bikers making stupid mistakes and drive away thinking "He was lucky it was me and I was watching out for him".

So best advice. Chill Fella
Old 16-04-06, 07:57 AM   #8
wheelnut

I agree, chill pill

I drive hundreds of thousands of miles in my job, I see poor driving, road rage and stupidity everyday. It is much better just to ease off, let the ***** go an relax a bit.

I do the same on the bike, or go and find some quiet roads to have a mad hour
Old 16-04-06, 07:59 AM   #9
Fizzy Fish

worth being a bit careful with the aggression thing, as you may well meet your match - I know of occasions when a biker has done as little as shaken their head or shown someone the finger and ended up being chased round the streets with some idiot trying to ram them, hit them with a baseball bat, etc.
Old 16-04-06, 08:15 AM   #10
Jelster

Man, you have issues....

Getting off your bike and facing these guys is stupid (I know, I've done it myself!). You don't know who's in the car, they could just drive into you bike etc. You'll come off worse.

Calm down, go get some anger management therapy...