SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 20-09-18, 06:42 AM   #5581
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

That's not bad, buying a duff OM2 and getting it working. Will you keep it or sell for a nice profit? You are building up quite an Olympus collection now. One good thing is that the Zuiko lenses are still plentiful and reasonably priced.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 07:16 AM   #5582
Kenzie

I have no idea what that word means. Sell? I now have four OM1s, two OM2 and two OM10s. They are just a good camera, small and light and easy to use. I can either modify the om1 battery cap or remove a little plastic from the battery chamber of the OM2n to get the cap to fit. The wall of the OM2 cap is thinner than the OM1, so it fouls on the plastic inner of the OM2n. The Om2 was £19.99 plus post, so not a bad deal. Got my eye on a Pentacon Six medium format SLR.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kenzie; 20-09-18 at 07:27 AM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 01:34 PM   #5583
yokohama

I've an OM1, OM2, OM2sp, OM10 & OM20, Still need a few more for the flush. I also discovered I'd more lenses than I thought, probably because I picked up a few bundles and never really noticed what came with the camera.
I've decided on the gear for this year's trip. I want to take something different again, none of my Yashicas are film tested apart from the manual FX3 so, keeping with the Olympus theme, I've (surprisingly) gone for the OM2sp. Chose it over the OM2 purely because it's got aperture priority + manual with a mechanical back up mode if the electrics die. I sealed it and tested it out with a few lenses yesterday and everything came back OK. No light leaks, all modes and the meter working fine as far as I can see. It's very particular with batteries though.

I tried a Zuiko 65-200 but it's a bit heavy so will probably take a 35-70 (either a Zuiko or a Tamron SP - both 3.5 but the Tamron has a much better macro) Also the Zuiko 75-150. As Johnny mentioned in an earlier post, might take a 50mm Zuiko for low light and inside.

The other bonus of going Zuiko is that I can use the glass, probably the 50mm if anything, on the OMD EM10
Old 20-09-18, 06:58 PM   #5584
Kenzie

Good choice, I was wondering what you would take digi-wise. I found another bag of Agfa Vista while moving, so my stock has been boosted. I also picked up a "faulty" black OM2n MD for £9.99 plus post buy it now. Worth a look in for that. I have finished cleaning up the 50mm f1.8, they really are nice lenses to work on. Good to practice on as well, would recommend the rubber lens cup kit from Amazon if undertaking lens repair, makes it so much easier.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 20-09-18, 07:09 PM   #5585
yokohama

After yesterday, I'm down to my last roll of Agfa. It expires December 2018 so I timed it quite well.
Will buy film out there. I think I got a roll of Fuji 200 for a couple of quid last year.
That's a good price for the OM2; even if faulty, you'll get your battery cover and rewind crank.
Also got the film from the XA3 processed BTW - variable results. It performs better in bright light but I need to work out the parameters of the scale focus.
Old 20-09-18, 07:18 PM   #5586
Kenzie

The XA3 from the charity shop way back? I quite like my XA cameras, but the weak click of the shutter feels like a let down. Good for street photography though. I'm hoping the latest OM will be just another case of batteries, plus I think they look great in black. The f1.8 has some marks on the front element but I'll stick it on the G1 and see if it affects the IQ.
Old 20-09-18, 08:06 PM   #5587
yokohama

Yep, the charity shop XA3. It works fine; it's just me. I'll try a faster film next time.
I think I'm down to only 2 cameras with unfinished films in now
Old 20-09-18, 08:10 PM   #5588
Kenzie

Couple of years back wasn't it? I have to buy a CR2 battery for one of my cameras but I can't remember what camera it was or even where it is!
Old 21-09-18, 09:52 AM   #5589
yokohama

Yep, it took me 2 years to get to the end of a 24 exposure roll. The slow pace of film.
Packing
Old 21-09-18, 02:23 PM   #5590
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Kenzie just seen this
https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digita...era/1314518263
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote