SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-02-07, 03:27 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default insurance nightmare

well I'm having one! got a letter today saying that the third party's insurance are still holding me responsible for the accident to cut a long story short up to now theres no witnesses and i am saying WVM is the blame and he is saying i am to blame when will this end and how long will it take? will i get my money? I'm fed up
Old 01-02-07, 08:39 PM   #2
Nostrils

This is my 3rd attempt to play a positve spin for you, but I cant.

Insurance these days is all about MONEY, YOUR MONEY and they really dont give 2 hoots - its compulsory to have so why should they bother and the risks of not having any dont need to be spelled out!

Have you paid for extra legal cover? If so, you should be badgering them for their help and advise on your next course of action. All too easy today insurance will either tell you its 'knock-for-knock' or in your case leave you in limbo with a catch 22!

I have seen other bike sites with similar arguments over who is to blame, who is going to pay and doesnt instil me with any confidence for when I pass my DAS and get an SV. I hoping this and others stories have a happy ending.]

Just a question: Is your insurance company the same at the third party because this for me was the case a number of years ago and each were a different arm of the same company (most insurance is owned or members of the same company somewhere along the line!) and could come to a decision and got the AA involved.

If you are an AA or RAC member, you should be able to use their legal services. Give them a call!

Failing that, then the only other approach, which will cost a few bob is contact a solicitor to take the case on for you.

Sorry that all I have, a bit negative!
Old 01-02-07, 10:29 PM   #3
kwak zzr

i am getting on to my legal protection solicitor but she's like watching paint dry
i had a word with a garage today that does insurance repairs on bikes and they said its not uncommon for it to take up to 2 years and then still end up with a 50/50 verdict.
Old 01-02-07, 10:52 PM   #4
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
i am getting on to my legal protection solicitor but she's like watching paint dry
She'll have a sea of cases like yours, she was instructed by the insurance company, she has instructions to keep the costs as low as possible, and probably has never met you. It doesn't justify shoddy service, so if you're not happy - complain.
Old 02-02-07, 04:32 PM   #5
kwak zzr

you sound like you've been there Ed