SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-05-14, 09:14 PM   #1
dyzio
Mega Poster

Default Reasons not to like a Kawasaki er6f?

Bear in mind I am a wee bit tipsy...

I'm currently riding an 06 Daytona 675. My previous bikes were a curvy SV, a Falco and now the Trumpet. At this moment, I use it for weekend blasts, trips and like you'd expect, touring I've done about 10,000 miles in the 2.5 years I've owned it and apart from a 100 km stretch in Romania, I would have never complained about comfort.

Of course being an ss600, the bike demands to be ridden at some pace, otherwise, you feel like you're doing a handstand and this got me thinking... A while ago, I rode a friends CBR125 from Edinburgh to Aberdeen and thought "this is a beautiful country, if you've got the time to look around...". I've rode through some amazing places in the past few years, but lets be honest, all of my bikes were of the "sports" variety, meaning you concentrate on "having fun" instead of enjoying the surroundings...

Don't get wrong, the Triumph is a fantastic bike, with an amazing engine, brakes and soundtrack... if only there was a a "675 Tiger" variant, I'd buy it instantly.

The er6f was on my mind since day one of my licence, I like the looks and the specs similar to the sv (don't like the brakes though) and allows me to comfortably reach the ground. I've walked into the dealership today to see what's new and there was a black and orange er6f on show...
Price under £6k new, small, decent screen, optional panniers and not bad a soundtrack...

I'm in no position to buy at this time, but I really like this bike, so if you have experience of this bike, can you share your opinion?

Ta!
dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 09:24 PM   #2
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default Re: Reasons not to like a Kawasaki er6f?

.... because it on average beats the sv's in minitwin races.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 09:33 PM   #3
SIII
Mega Poster

Is the 800 Tiger not just the same as a 675 Tiger ??? few extra CC's don't make much difference. test road 675 Street and 800 Tiger, back to back, and have to say the 675 seemed to a lot more eager, or maybe thats the way it is tuned.

Jamesmio has just got himself a Tiger 800, seems to be enjoying it.
Old 10-05-14, 09:40 PM   #4
dyzio
Mega Poster

Nope unfortunately I don't want a BMW copy.
If Triumph would put a Tiger bars and fairing on the d or shrunk the 1050 to the same size that would be it, but the 800... not for me :/
dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 09:42 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

easy.. the 675 with a comfort bar kit... sorted

i've not ridden many modern bikes as i cant get on them but i have ridden a fair few bikes in my time and all told i think the SV is perfect when its got a set of bars that are more sit upright style. i like to look around when i'm out and about but at a pace, i'll slow down for real beauty spots but most of the time i just like riding my bike places.

if i could get on one i would have a Street Triple R tomorrow.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 10:03 PM   #6
Nutsinatin

Paint is a bit suspect, has a parallel twin instead of a V (I think this is a bad thing!)Bolts like to come loose too. Doesn't pull away that well, feels down on power against an SV and has worse MPG. Not that comfortable over distance. This is from an ex colleague at work, okay value for money, but not the best bike.
Blue K9 Pointy #2 - Nearly at 120,000 miles!
Nutsinatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 12:43 AM   #7
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

I rode a ER6F for about a year, I think it was an 06 model. Its a less sporty position than a SV and the engine felt about the same power but obviously due to the type of engine its a different delivery. The brakes and suspension are about the same, budget. Overall finish and quality is about the same between both models. The ER6F is a good all round bike.

I sold it and still have a SV650 as its a better bike.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 12:45 AM   #8
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Had one. Change the zorst for a two brothers for more grin.
I wished I'd bought the N rather than the F though.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 06:30 AM   #9
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Year before last at the London bike show was a daytona to street conversion
Turno bikini faring looked the muts nuts.
Lower the pegs your have the best bike in the world for less sopondolies.

Last edited by NTECUK; 11-05-14 at 06:33 AM.
NTECUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 10:47 AM   #10
Daffy_Duck

I had the pleasure of hiring er6n in Thailand for 2 weeks. Really cool looks wise was in ice white comfy. Pulled wheelies for fun. Great place to ride. Twisty road everywhere handled great. Loved the bike.
I was relatively inexperienced in road riding and had never been on a big bike anywhere.
450 drz had been my biggest ride dirt bike.
I did some times says it wasn't mega fast but I assumed that could have been a slight restriction with being a rental. I rate them though definate! B-)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk