SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-02-19, 07:58 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Zafira problem

One for the hive mind that is the mighty org!
2008 Vauxhall Zafira B 1.9 CDTI Z19DT.

I've just replaced the knackered oem DPF with a proprietary item. Prior to that I replaced the EGR valve, DPF sensor, all four glowplugs and the cambelt was also replaced. Fuel and air filters are new, it's had the oil and filter changed within the last 5000 miles. All connections and pipes to sensors have been checked and, where necessary, replaced.

Prior to replacing the DPF it kept trying to regen. Fitted a new dpf but a load of em fault codes started showing and the car went into limp mode. Discovered the DPF was faulty so sent it back and a new one was sent out. Fitted it this afternoon and after clearing the old fault codes we tried to run the required forced regen (in order to reset the ecu and sensors). Car reached 93 degrees after about 20 minutes but would not do the regen even though there were no faults showing.

After about 50 minutes we stopped the engine. 10 minutes later I drove the car home but the emission control light was on and the car is sluggish below 2000rpm, and while it pulls above that it is not as lively as I would expect.

Any ideas?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-19, 08:53 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Zafira problem

Dunno, my Zafira only gave me issues with the EGR valve and I bought a blanking plate and little black box which fooled the ECU to thinking the EGR was still there. Got rid of it before the mot otherwise it wouldn't have passed the new checks?

However my petrol Astra's emmison light came on the other day, never had it happen before, but it was the first time I'd driven in London, whether that's why, I don't know.

Did a bit of googling and it seems that this a problem that affects Vauxhall's diesel and petrol engines. There is no one simple answer.

I cured mine by discounting the battery for about 5 mins.

Have you been on the Vauxhall owners forums
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote