SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 21-04-10, 09:03 AM   #1
sam.nicholson

Default How to fit a light weight subframe....

Hi,
I'm looking for some help and advice about replacing the standard subframe and seat unit on a 2008 SV650 race bike. I've seen the fairings and seat unit (CBR1000RR) fitted to the SDC Mini Twin and I think they look fantastic, but I don't know where all the 'stuff' thats mounted on the standard subframe has gone to...there seems such a lot and I want to remove what's not nessesary!

I see the battery has been moved to the front, thats no problem, but there is the Power Commander, ECU, rectifier, fuse box etc, plus loads of other stuff that I don't know whether is needed or where to put it.

Wiring/electics are not my strong point and I don't want to cause any problems.

If anyone can advise me on what the best route is I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Sam
Old 21-04-10, 04:03 PM   #2
Davies 52

Default Re: How to fit a light weight subframe....

Hi mate,i am going through the same process on my race bike,Give SDC Performance a ring on 01438 357777 ask for Gary he's a top bloke and will explain it all to ya.

Lee Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.nicholson View Post
Hi,
I'm looking for some help and advice about replacing the standard subframe and seat unit on a 2008 SV650 race bike. I've seen the fairings and seat unit (CBR1000RR) fitted to the SDC Mini Twin and I think they look fantastic, but I don't know where all the 'stuff' thats mounted on the standard subframe has gone to...there seems such a lot and I want to remove what's not nessesary!

I see the battery has been moved to the front, thats no problem, but there is the Power Commander, ECU, rectifier, fuse box etc, plus loads of other stuff that I don't know whether is needed or where to put it.

Wiring/electics are not my strong point and I don't want to cause any problems.

If anyone can advise me on what the best route is I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Sam
Old 22-04-10, 02:35 PM   #3
HUTCH55

Hi Sam,

I can probably help out there if I can get my man to knock one up for you. Have a look at mine at Snetterton and see what you think?

Leigh (15)
Old 22-04-10, 02:42 PM   #4
Davies 52

Hi mate Hutch 55 you have a PM
Lee D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUTCH55 View Post
Hi Sam,

I can probably help out there if I can get my man to knock one up for you. Have a look at mine at Snetterton and see what you think?

Leigh (15)