2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 02-09-09, 09:56 PM   #31
ManxMatt34

Default Re: AR10 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Or make friends with a druty mod.

Cash bribes accepted.
OMG your a mod.... pssssst guys, i suspected something was going on at AR. I tried to warn Paulthe6th now he's disapeared off the scene.

Don't talk to him he's a dirty dirty mod.

Anyway back on topic....
Old 02-09-09, 10:02 PM   #32
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Be afraid, be very afraid.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 10:06 PM   #33
davepreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
ding ding round 1 in the blue corner weighing in at...........
not wales cos im still upset with hovis , not essex cos your french, not north cos it crapy weather, not scotland we have gm3, not ireland cos id get to drunk
I VOTE BELGUM come on tim sort it out lad
ahem
Old 02-09-09, 10:21 PM   #34
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

You paying all our ferry costs then Dave? I love your reasoning for the other areas btw
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 10:24 PM   #35
davepreston

well so many boats are getting hijacked these days im sure we could aquire one for the org we even have our own pirate "SOULKISS could i have a word lad"
Old 02-09-09, 10:27 PM   #36
arcdef

Default Re: AR10 - Your Proposals

Anything Welsh gets my vote, north being much much much better.
Old 02-09-09, 10:35 PM   #37
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

OOohhh Wales, me and Samson can come, early dates means I may be able to book he time off work.. Work and weddings will not keep me and Sam away this year !!
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 10:35 PM   #38
Pingu65

Wales or Scotland gets my vote and I live down south.

Travelling is part of the fun.
Old 02-09-09, 10:39 PM   #39
arcdef

Ha yeah Scotland is also a definite yes.
Old 02-09-09, 10:42 PM   #40
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Right.....now that the thread is up and after telling Hovis so much about the venue we are proposing, I will tell all of you lovely people too.

The hotel is very historic, so for those that like a bit of the old stuff....there's plenty to be had and you can even visit the graves of the Baskerville hounds.

After speaking to the Events Co-ordinator at the Hotel yesterday, I can confirm that they hold rallies, including many many regular motorcycle rallies all year, every year and get booked up well in advance because of the facilities and price.

They are extremely accommodating and to be honest, over the whole bank holiday weekend, they didn't interfere with anyone one little bit, they just leave rallies to do their own thing. They have the swimming pool for hotel guests and that is avaiable, along with the showers, free of charge. They have a very large Bar that is part of the hotel, but not open to residents. This bar would be open exclusively for us at no cost, with a fully stocked bar, draught beers, ales, lagers....spirits, bottled drinks etc. They have plenty of tables and seats in there and if that's not good enough for the party animals, there's also a nightclub at the back of the hotel. Yep....a proper nightclub.....costs a fiver to get in, but is fantastic fun apparently...ask Stretchie....he was making shapes in there on Saturday night! For those that don't want any noise or loud music......do not fear.....from the camping field, you can't hear a thing from either the bar or the nightclub......I know because I had to stay in the tent with the dogs!

Now.....as for food, we can't say yet, but I have something up my sleeve........this will involve on site food and drinks all weekend, with a marquee and seating/tables provided. I will confirm that in the next day or two.

For local shops and amenities, a 2 minute ride gets you to a petrol station and then into Hay-On-Wye itself. HoW is famous for the fact that it has 37 second hand book shops...but don't worry, there are all sorts of other shops there and there's also Clyro very nearby too.

For anyone wanting to eat in the Hotel....the prices are very reasonable and you can also choose to stay in one of the hotel rooms as well if you don't want to camp.

The hardstanding for the bikes is offered by the hotel as they understand that not all riders want their bikes on the grass, but that no riders want to leave their bikes parked on a main driveway, so the hardstanding was laid out of the way, next to the rally field.

There are plenty of toilets dotted around and the showers are located in the swimming pool changing rooms......plenty for men and women.

The field itself is flat and easy to ride onto and over, you can have tents/vans/caravans etc....whatever you want so long as it doesn't damage the ground.

We have this pretty much sewn up already....so all we are waiting for is to find out if we get voted as the AR10 hosts and we can put a poll of three possibel dates. That's all the hotel has and they are in July and August, but miss the main events elsewhere!

So......have a think guys and gals and I will post more info as I get it....as will AR10 possible President....Hovis!!!