SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-06-06, 06:09 PM   #1
Skip
Mega Poster

Default Kawasaki Z750S

Well, I had a test ride booked on one of these today, purely only because I was interested to see what they are like. I know not everyone will like the looks of the faired version, but trust me, in the flesh its a great looking bike, and makes the standard Z750 look like its missing something, even more so from the riding position. After about 50 miles of fast A roads, B roads and a bit of everything really, I came to one conclusion, it was fantastic! Riding position is very similar to the SV, I prefer the S version as it has normal analogue speedo and rev counter, all the controls are light and easy to use and for a 4 cylinder bike it felt just as light and nimble as the SV. Power wise, I would say it has the grunt of the SV up to about 7000 rpm and then has a whole heap more until the 11,500 rpm red line. Gearbox was smooth and handling wise it felt very very similar to the SV, which gave me loads of confidence very quickly and then there were the brakes - they work superbly (I hadnt realised the SVs brakes were that "average" until now!) Brought it back with a big smile on my face and......

......I pick up a brand new black one next Friday! They offered me £1600 trade in for my 13,000 mile naked K1 so if anyone wants it, make me an offer over that and its yours!

Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-06, 06:15 PM   #2
kwak zzr

kawasaki do make great engines, if you get on with the looks then id say its a great package, good luck and well done that man!
Old 23-06-06, 06:22 PM   #3
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
if you get on with the looks
Its funny because in pictures I am still unsure, but it looked so good standing next to it! Strange! But it was the riding experience what sold it and thats really what its all about... just got to find a way to tell the missus now - something tells me I could be a eunuch by the end of the evening...
Old 23-06-06, 06:26 PM   #4
Peter Henry

Skip...Cracking choice of bike mate.
Old 23-06-06, 06:40 PM   #5
$tevo

Sounds nice
Old 23-06-06, 08:40 PM   #6
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Skip...Cracking choice of bike mate.
Cheers

It fits the bill perfectly as a replacement for the naked SV I own currently as it has a half fairing AND normal bars and not clip-ons. A nice set of gold Renthals and I will be as happy as a pig in the proverbial!

Still havent told Mrs Skip - I dont think its going to go well...
Old 23-06-06, 09:21 PM   #7
The Basket

Nice 'un.

What are you paying and where did you get it?...if you don't mind me askin'?

BTW...the Z750 makes more torque and BHP at all revs over the SV
Old 23-06-06, 10:03 PM   #8
Scooby Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basket
BTW...the Z750 makes more torque and BHP at all revs over the SV
It is a sleeved down version of the Z100 engine which is a bored version of the ZX9 engine. Enough torque to make your eyes bleed I had one as a loan bike for two days while my ZX6 was being serviced - it was right mad It also went back with no chicken strips
Old 24-06-06, 08:05 AM   #9
Jabba

I've heard that the seat is a bit iffy, casing male riders to mash their 'nads on the tank.

I like 'em though, and it looks great in black
Old 24-06-06, 08:42 AM   #10
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba-the-Hutt
I've heard that the seat is a bit iffy, casing male riders to mash their 'nads on the tank.
I saw one in France last year with an aftermarket seat and a decent set of cans, looked the dogs (but it was a naked...)