SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-03-06, 01:43 PM   #1
CoolGirl

Default Nice story for a change ....

Many of you know that I parted company with my car last week because of my failing eyesight. I had a few MG accessories left over that I no longer needed, so flogged them on eBay.

Sale completed, I dispached the goods along with a simple cheery note to the buyer saying that I'd sold my MG but hoped he enjoyed his, and forgot about it. Until.....

I got a lovely letter in the post yesterday from the man that had bought the bits. Turns out that at the grand old age of 71, he'd just bought himself one of the last MG TFs to be produced. He told me the story of how he'd bought his first MG in 1955 - a 1932 J2 - and drove it until the crankshaft fell out (a bit like Stewboy's SV ). Unbeknowing, he hoped that I might have the opportunity in years to come to enjoy a final fling with the car.

What a lovely story, and sweet of him to take the time to write to me - brung a tear to my eye. Just about to drop him a line back to say I'm glad the bits went to a good home.
Old 11-03-06, 02:26 PM   #2
Fizzy Fish

hey that's really cool - nice to have something good like that come out of something sad...
Old 11-03-06, 04:58 PM   #3
stewboy

Oi thats it no more lunches for you missy
Old 11-03-06, 05:38 PM   #4
K

It's nice when that happens. I had a similar one a while back when I sold some tooled leather armour I'd made ages ago. Sold on eBay, packed it off and thought that was it.

Then I get an email through recently with a photo of the guy wearing it, looking pleased as punch, with a little note about how jelous his mates are n stuff. Raised a smile and brightened my day a bit.

So much so I thought I'd do the same for the seller of my Compound Bow that I got a real bargin of on ebay. Dropped him a line to let him know I'd won two competitions since buying the bow and even got a trophy.
He replied back saying that the woman who'd used the bow in his club before me (she'd bought it from new) was ranked as a Master Bowman and one of the top British archers!

I always said the bow did all the work and I just point it vaguely in the right direction!