SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 24-05-08, 09:46 AM   #31
aadeyc73

Default Re: Off the road for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
You may find your company will tell you to go back home. Unless of course your not signed off sick. I tried to go back whilst still on the sick and they wouldn't let me. All to do with liability in the event you injure yourself further whilst on work premises.
Turns out you could be right. I need to see someone on Tuesday to confirm if they'll let me go back to work yet.

If I could play the xbox it wouldn't be such an issue but the tv is just sooo poor during the day.
Old 24-05-08, 10:35 AM   #32
Stig

Normally you have to get a doctors note signing you fit again. My doctor wouldn't do that. Primarily as I told him I ride a bike to work and back.
Old 02-06-08, 05:56 PM   #33
aadeyc73

Well I've had my follow up today and am now in plaster. The good news is that I should only be in plaster for 2 weeks then the physio will start. Here's the xrays showing the break and subsequent repair.

Old 02-06-08, 06:38 PM   #34
Warthog

eeergh!
Old 02-06-08, 07:25 PM   #35
StreetHawk

Old 02-06-08, 07:32 PM   #36
philbut

Owwwwwwww. thats looks bloody painfull! glad to hear it's well on the way to recovery!
Old 02-06-08, 08:16 PM   #37
aadeyc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
Owwwwwwww. thats looks bloody painfull! glad to hear it's well on the way to recovery!
I'm really pleased with the news today. I'm looking to be back on the bike in 4 weeks. It was really painfull but was getting better until today when they pulled out the 20-30 staples from where they cut me up.

I know that i've got a lot of pain still to come too as i'm sure the first lot of physio will kill me having not moved the elbow for 4 weeks. I must remember to take some painkillers before I go to that!!
Old 02-06-08, 09:35 PM   #38
Stig

From experience I would suggest doing the opposite. Take pain killers at times other than physio.

Taking pain killers before going to physio can work against you. In the first instance you'll be giving them a false impression that it is better than it really is. Second, your likely to do more physio than is good for you and actually slow the healing down.