SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 05-04-08, 03:51 AM   #1
philbut

Default I killed my baby :-(

Well OK, she is just wounded. Friday afternoon, just gettin dark. I know, I'll go and ride the b4011, just one run then I'll go home. The dark caught me out a bit as I wasn't intending to be doing the twistys in the dark, but what the hell. Carried on, despite some little voice inside telling me to go home. Anyway, to cut a long story short, did a repeat of last sunday by locking the rear, caught it but had run out of road, slap into the verge and I flew off the bike into a field. the few cars behind me slowed down to look but didn't stop the c**ts! anyway, landed square on my head (thank you Arai) in a load of mud, which is a good thing really. The bike also landed in mud and was supprisingly undamaged for the speed I went in. Forks look to be OK, but I will get them off and check the run out. few plastic issues but nothing too bad - she is no longer mint though It'll T-cut out

Anyway, rode home then threw up and started getting dizzy. The ambulance came and took me to A&E, where I spent 6 hours being imobalised cos they thought I'd fractured my back. Fortunatly I havent, so just a bit of concussion. fun fun! Just for your ammusment, here is a pic of me in a head restraint.

Phil in hospital.jpg
Old 05-04-08, 07:01 AM   #2
DanAbnormal

Default Re: I killed my baby :-(

Dude!

Hope you feel okay today and that the bike is okay. I did this in Sept, superman inpression onto tarmac. Hour later I felt like I was drunk. Fun. Arai's do work when you need them to eh!?

All the best.
Old 05-04-08, 07:04 AM   #3
flibble

Jeeeze again, glad they've sent you home and it was nothing more serious. Get well soon!
Old 05-04-08, 07:11 AM   #4
ukrobuk

All the best, get well soon.
Old 05-04-08, 07:56 AM   #5
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Ahhh sorry to hear about ya off. Glad you found the mud to land head first in , could have been much worse.

Get cleaning and polishing, bet the bike wont look too bad - plastics are easy to replace.
Hope you are feeling better soon xxxx
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 08:16 AM   #6
DoubleD

bugger about your off, glad your OK and not to damaged, sounds like the bike came off ok as well.

watch those rear tyre locks
Old 05-04-08, 09:10 AM   #7
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

GWS mate. Take it easy, as it tends to get more painful to begin with. Bike sounds like its ok-ish.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 09:40 AM   #8
StreetHawk

Soft landing on your head then!

Sorry to hear this mate, main thing is you're ok. Bikes come and go..
Old 05-04-08, 10:52 AM   #9
SDMF

Those head restraints are pretty damn uncomfortable aren't they?!
Sounds like you were pretty lucky with the soft mud for you and bike to land in.

What is it with so many people coming off lately???
Old 05-04-08, 11:21 AM   #10
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Those head restraints are pretty damn uncomfortable aren't they?!
Sounds like you were pretty lucky with the soft mud for you and bike to land in.

What is it with so many people coming off lately???
I was in it for 5 hours and they wouldn't let me out. i'd ridden 30 miles after the accident and been walking around but I guess they needed to be sure there wasn't a fracture. It was possible the most uncomfortable thing ever, the one in the ambulance was even worse (although I'm sure breaking your legs was far more uncomfortable dude).

it was totally my fault, I hadn't re-adjusted to the bike and applied too much pressure to the rear break - I usually drag it through sharp corners on the enterance so i don't de-stabalise the bike with the front - just forgot the break on the sV bites far sooner than the ZZR

Ah well, I'm off for a ride anyway so I don't start to loose my confidence.